Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
a collaboration
{*-Schnitzel-*} Offline

a collaboration

Ive been on server about a year on and off, began with reading character guides getting bashed and barked at constantly by my old guild leader and taking a 6 month break learning battlemode to get to the skill level i am today. I help people often try and better themself and find that they generally wont unless u make them hate u (hence why im usually a dick to the people i help) but my real question was..would anyone feel interested in a collaborative effort to educate the wizards of this server by creating a guide for specific classes(other classes as well i just feel most concerned with the wizzes).

All the guides ive referenced are little more than simply saying this skill is good and this is bad. What i have in mind is a compilation of ways of thinking about skills and classes(such as that storm gust is a shield with which a wizard protects the party..at least thats how i play my wizard unless im screwing around, how to turn a mob around, proper spacing technique, priorities in and out of parties)...in particular an in depth section about spacing for wizards since im severely dissapointed with the wizards in server =\. My desire is for this to somewhat resemble how a supersmash compiles the list of advanced techniques and details as to how each is performed/should look like.

I know hero wiki is generally for custom things but i think that it would be a great and accessible place to gather all the ideas and suggestions on class construction and playstyle which are relevant to the updates in HeRo

just what do u guys think?

-ko'- = 99/70 loser wizard
needlework =98/68 lame priest
-hypertension- = 98/67 pushover sniper
snax =96/63(i think) why did i make this clown
-nobody- 85/42 the one day i'll trans you sage ><
Capt. K'nuckles = 96/66 the most pathetic champion
-tempest- = 95/63 lazy lazy lazy
  YAY IZLDUDE!
11-11-2010 01:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

RE: a collaboration

I think the problem with being a jerk to ppl yer helping makes them talk to other people and then eventually no one will party with you lol. But I think it is a learning experience. The game is more interesting if you experiment around and find something you like. A guide kinda tells people what they "should" do to satisfy other players' expectations. I might be wrong but if I need a guide, I look online or I ask a really good player with the same class for advice

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
11-11-2010 03:12 PM
{*-Schnitzel-*} Offline

it has mixed results??but the people that have been pissed at me, then avoid me come back in a month once they realize i was right and are like...u pissed me off but u made me want to be better than u blah now im better..then friends again. Also i never meant for it to be a leveling compendium but rather a list of techniques used in PvM since it is an effort by all. You dont like partying with shitty wizzes do u, and if u dont play the class it can be difficult to give out advice to say what u mean, direct them to a guide which tells one an effective manner of spacing/precasting and how to practice it.??

an example of the effect my guide would accomplish: i saw a wizard in rachel sanct mobbing 5-8??vanberk/isilla and would cast low level sg wihout firewall, it was overall sloppy and ineffective. So i got on an ungeared levle 92 wiz(minus a rod) and showed him how to mob 30-40 vanberk/isilla with quag fwall and how to place them so they lasted longer.??Instead of having to take my time to show 6-23 wizards how this works this would serve as the advice of a skilled player (the compilation of advice) rather than seeking some from skilled wizzes which are hardly on anymore. It may even be the help some people need to feel motivated enough to branch out into new classes ( i cant pass wizard test so i deleted it)

{all my examples are of wiz because i notice mistakes so much more often.}
-if u dont do what people expect in a party, thats when party wipes happen, its all about understanding what people want without it having to be said ..unless vent-

-ko'- = 99/70 loser wizard
needlework =98/68 lame priest
-hypertension- = 98/67 pushover sniper
snax =96/63(i think) why did i make this clown
-nobody- 85/42 the one day i'll trans you sage ><
Capt. K'nuckles = 96/66 the most pathetic champion
-tempest- = 95/63 lazy lazy lazy
  YAY IZLDUDE!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2010 10:38 AM by {*-Schnitzel-*}.)
11-12-2010 10:18 AM
katleoyumi Offline

I think it would be nice to maybe even have videos since it is so much easier to watch someone do the technique than to hear them explain it to you. I should know since I had to youtube how to claymore trap level as a rogue hahaha.

pocket size linh [whitesmith] **
pocket size Iinh [baby blacksmith] **
Blackchapel [baby monk] **
Lowercut [baby monk] **
King Boo [alchemist]

Guild: HappyChildFoundation
11-13-2010 01:30 AM