Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't install heRO at all...
Good Knight Offline

Can't install heRO at all...

Sorry for the new thread but this is a new topic and it doesn't seem like I'll be able to play heRO anytime soon Thinking I had it running the first time I installed using the full installer, but there were so many problems that I decided to try to re-download and re-install for the heck of it. After doing so, that same installer that I knew worked (well, at least ran heRO), got to 99% and then lagged and then said "heRO has been installed successfully" and then right below that it said "heRO has not been installed successfully" and that some file had an error and that I had to rerun the installer to completely install it.

Ok, so first I tried running the heRO.exe just to see if it might run at all, which it didn't. Then I did what it said, reran the full installer to yield the same exact result with the same error message. Then, I tried downloading everything all separately like some profess to work better, it took 5 hours and 43 minutes Cry Uninstalled everything, deleted folder. I got the Sakray Full 32509, RagLite with dlls and BGM (which doesnt have all the BGMs btw), and the heRO mini installer. None of them gave me "successful install messages". The Sakray had an error at 99% on the installer as well, couldn't be installed AT ALL. So, I thought maybe I would try to combine the files of the full installer with the mini installer that maybe that error'd file would be fixed and no.

I redownloaded and reinstalled the full installer several times, and cannot get anything to work. So, yeah there is no way I'll be able to play heRO Thinking

Good Knight 9x LK
Centsless 8x BS
Virtuous 9x SL
08-10-2009 01:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Vanadis Offline

RE: Can't install heRO at all...

Do you have enough free space, because it sounds like that could be the problem... otherwise you've gotten some error while downloading the installers...

Something to report to the GMs? Use the heRO support ticket system!

Wondering what custom content is in heRO? Check out the heRO Wiki!
08-10-2009 05:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Good Knight Offline

Aha! You're right it was some kind of error during the download because I tried using Internet Explorer to download it and it worked fine. Thank you!

Good Knight 9x LK
Centsless 8x BS
Virtuous 9x SL
08-10-2009 05:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Vanadis Offline

Happy it worked now =)

Something to report to the GMs? Use the heRO support ticket system!

Wondering what custom content is in heRO? Check out the heRO Wiki!
08-11-2009 01:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply