Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event countdowns
chopin Offline

Threads: 2
Rolleyes  Event countdowns
Hi,

I'm sure many of you experience the same inconvenience.. It's your timezone vs server timezone.

When does this or that event end/begin? When is the next ToH? When the next Muspel?

Wouldn't it be great if there was a countdown timer on the homepage somewhere, that told you: 3 days 7 hours til the next ToH?

I personally would absolutely love that, and I imagine it's not all that hard to set up once GMs set the next date.

Obviously this isnt for Novice Bash or other small events, but big regular ones should be included. Icon_smile

thx for listening. Love

Chops
05-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Find Reply
WorldGovernment Offline
the ex-whiner

Threads: 30
RE: Event countdowns
+1
Kageri Domina (xx/xx)- ranker-to-be taekwon

my internet service provider is worse than ****, please
flame it. "Wi-Tribe". thanks Laugh
05-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Find Reply
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

Threads: 44
There's a toh npc that gives you the time/date in game o.o
[Image: 14tph6o.png]
05-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Find Reply
Poring Slayer Offline
Stray Cat

Threads: 3
some automated event have been announced,
for other event, try look at the forum, wiki, and also some NPC (i.e ToH and also BG) Ok
[Image: mBOoe6N.gif]

05-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Find Reply
chopin Offline

Threads: 2
thanks for those infos, I wasn't aware that the npc told you. I would still like to stick to this suggestion, as knowing the date + time in game is still a bit hassle to figure out in my/your timezone. It might be easy if you are just off a few hours from server time, but if its 17 or 9 or 13 hours, then I personally find it annoying to do timezone math Icon_wink

Also, such a countdown would put all the times in one place. As Poring Slayer said: npc, forum, wiki... thats a "lot" of places to checkc ;-)
There could also be a timer for the next hero birthday and other interesting/cool dates and woe.

Apart from helping those of us, who aren't so good with the timezone math, it might actually increase participation since more people might know about the events No1
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2011, 05:51 AM by chopin.)
05-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Find Reply
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Threads: 54
Well its not per see a mather of math, we have a command in game called @time. It shows the current servertime, so if the ToH npc says ToH is at 5 pm servertime you can just use @time to see how much hours left for ToH and compair it with your own time.

Although i do get your point, it would be nice to see a serverwide message with how much hours left for ToH (taking that as example) just for the people who ask ever 5 minutes in main how much hours are left for ToH.... Though i wouldn't do it a week before the next event or ToH, we indeed have the forums for those things.
Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
05-05-2011, 06:08 AM
Find Reply