Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teamwork.
LordLeo Offline

Threads: 1
Teamwork.
I'm new around here, so first of all, hey and nice to meet you guys.

I came looking for a low rate server, and the main thing that drew me to this server was the "trial of heroes" feature of this server. Having the entire server team up to progress the story/etc.

I'm all about the idea of teamwork, so here are some ideas I have that might be nice Icon_twisted

1) Open up 4 castles per WoE. One per city, and add a randomizer script so that the castle is never the same one twice in a row. This would add a lot more stress on the guilds =] imagine the entire server split up into 4 castles only. Only the best will go far - and luck if you're lucky.
2) There's a section in the config files that deal with parties. One of those sections allow the option of "more party members, more exp." We had this implemented in our server, and it worked really well. Party leveling was a huge pro to the server, and I love every aspect of having multiple classes support each other in not only WoE.
3) Give a serious, severe buff to the MVPs. I don't know how strong they are on this server, but the days of "omg we need a priest or we can't mvp - HEY YOU can you plsplsplspls help us ? <3" are pretty much over in most servers. A buff would be nice >=]

Yeah - that's my starter suggestions topic, and I hope to get started in heRO asap! =]

EDIT :
Don't know if anyone agrees with me, but I like camera zoom to be either 1x or 2x max. I hate being able to scroll out infinitely - skills such as Pneuma appear on the wrong tile when you scroll out too much, and it's so un-uniformed ><. that's just another suggestion, I won't care too much if it's ignored tho =]
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2007, 05:38 PM by LordLeo.)
09-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Find Reply
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Threads: 75
RE: Teamwork.
LordLeo Wrote:1) Open up 4 castles per WoE. One per city, and add a randomizer script so that the castle is never the same one twice in a row. This would add a lot more stress on the guilds =] imagine the entire server split up into 4 castles only. Only the best will go far - and luck if you're lucky.

Yeah, I'm doing about 10 things at once, didn't read it correctly the first time around.

I would go as far as saying that this is actually unfair, giving a random number of castles to a random guild for what could potentially be a very long time, especially if the psuedorandom generation works in the guilds' favor.

I guess the 2nd and 3rd points bleed into each other, I'm just reading it wrong again. I believe there was a suggestion that inactive party members of any given size party were not included in exp calculations, but I'm not sure where that's gone. I know that's not what you were asking, but I'm just telling you that to let you know and/or bring it up again.

LordLeo Wrote:Don't know if anyone agrees with me, but I like camera zoom to be either 1x or 2x max. I hate being able to scroll out infinitely - skills such as Pneuma appear on the wrong tile when you scroll out too much, and it's so un-uniformed ><. that's just another suggestion, I won't care too much if it's ignored tho =]

Don't scroll out so far, then. >_>
Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
09-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Find Reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
RE: Teamwork.
We already have only 4 castles open. For randomiser, not sure what you mean exactly, but sounds too complicated (no offense).

Inactive party member stop getting experience after 3 minutes with out current settings, as for making party larger, well 12 doesnt sound so bad to me, more could allow for abuse, such as tk skills and priest party buffs. If going for a hard mvp/dungeon people always have the option to create 2 party.

As for the zoom out suggestion, I agree with Marivel, just don't zoom out too far. Some people in the past had expressed they enjoyed zooming out and since it was an easy modification we indulged them.
09-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Find Reply