Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ideal Server Population
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

RE: Ideal Server Population

Enough so we can have WoE2 and every castle open. No more.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
02-23-2009 10:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HimekoYume Offline

Depends on the rates of the server for me, but for a low rate like HeRO hmmm... I'm not sure what kind of numbers we'd be looking at really, but I just like where there's not too much competition for monsters (everyone ksing cause there's nothing to kill), but enough to where all classes have their purpose (ie. A player base for BS/WS to sell crafted weapons to).

I also like to see enough players to have a good economy - so lots of vendors, and yet enough players still active to buy from them :]

Plus enough players where support classes can actually find parties to support :o

Hmm~ P: I'm not really sure but I think it's about 700 (non-vending) players or so Thinking
02-23-2009 10:50 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:The more the merrier. More partys, more stuff.

I also want to add that if you complain about the economy and are wanting a small server, than you are dumb. really.

Don't complain about lag with high population. The server now has a pretty strong connection. If you lag its because your connection sucks. Like it would sucks on any online fps game or whatever else.

well General, i'm not complaining about the econ. I do acknowledge that more ppl tend to equal more items, but i think HeRO is in no shortage of items supply, the equilibrium is there. It might be a bit low for some, but i think it's fine.

I do not accuse the server of not being able to handle more ppl overall, i do admit my internet connection's not that great (darn 3rd world countries xP).

However, my main concern is TOH. If like right now out of an approximated 220 players (max recorded was 300ish, and i consider about 80 are AT merchs) there is 80ish ppl in TOH, then 500 ppl would double that number... Seeing how TOH has been going these last few months, i don't think that more ppl will make it better...

I actually made this post to ask the admins and GMs as well about what they think about server population because i think for admins and GMs the main concern is: more ppl = more children to babysit... If with 200 ppl there is X amount of drama, will 500 multiply that by 2 or is there an extra multiplier effect? xP

Anyway, i do understand what most of you feel about anonimity. Meh all wira does nowadays is asura-bwing-heal and yeah it's kinda nice to take your mind off things for a bit... Main's also a bit nice to converse with ppl you don't know about all the unimportant stuff etc...

And as for crowded maps, i understand that mi gaos have instant respawn meaning that if mi gaos are as crowded as mosc is right now, each person won't need to move an inch to get monsters to spawn all around them...
but it would probably suck for fixed spawns... people will then really camp and then there would be drama about "stealing my spot", etc...
instant-respawn FTW! xP

-w-
02-24-2009 10:31 PM
Slate Offline
Cue-ball Warrior

RE:??Ideal Server Population

PopPop Wrote:I personally like smaller populated servers, HeRO seems just about right, maybe a little more but its ok. I kinda hate super populated servers, makes the server seem cold and unfriendly.

Exactly. The coolest thing about heRO is the close-knit community atmosphere. Generally I have a good idea who the people I see in town or out hunting are. Through acquaintanceship or hearsay I know something about them, and I have some idea of a 'character' at work behind the sprite.

With more people, it gets harder and harder to get to know everyone; people seperate into segregated groups more and more and there's little interaction on a server-wide scale except for 'business' stuff like WoE, the market, and events, where people are generally more focused on a goal than who they're interacting with.

Smaller servers are more personal, and that's how I like my MMOs. If I didn't want to know the people I encountered I'd be playing a shooter or a fighter instead of an RPG.

[Image: 33918807.png]
Fortune Favors the Bald

Slate: 9x/6x Lord Knight
Basalt: 9x/50 Sage
Glass: 9x/50 Bard
02-24-2009 11:06 PM
The Moonshade Hero Offline

HA! I tell ya, if Dual-Clienting was allowed, I'm sure most, if not all, those merchs AFK-vending in Pront would be playing an alt from another account at the same time, then it would be ideal... finding party members would be more likely, even though it could lag the server a bit at times...
03-01-2009 01:03 AM
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE:??Ideal Server Population

The Moonshade Hero Wrote:HA! I tell ya, if Dual-Clienting was allowed, I'm sure most, if not all, those merchs AFK-vending in Pront would be playing an alt from another account at the same time, then it would be ideal... finding party members would be more likely, even though it could lag the server a bit at times...

It's called @autotrade. They're already doing that, technically.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
03-01-2009 01:18 AM