Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More people
20.69%
24 20.69%
Better PvP/WoE
31.90%
37 31.90%
More events or more varity
6.90%
8 6.90%
Diffrent exp or drop rates
6.03%
7 6.03%
More staff members
0%
0 0%
Less broken/missing content
24.14%
28 24.14%
Other
10.34%
12 10.34%
Total 116 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think will make heRO better?
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Threads: 485
RE:??What do you think will make heRO better?
GM-Mass Wrote:Sadly, as far as I remember, eAthena still doesn't support the quest window.

There's signs of it, but far from perfectly functional.
11-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Website Find Reply
Galt Offline
Lurker

Threads: 27
Sakurato Wrote:...more people to party...
That's something I'd like to disagree upon. Ever since the implementation of the Nameless quest, I've seen the amount of parties being broadcasted publicly fall drastically. There used be a time when 3+ Nameless parties could all be broadcasting simultaneously on Main for new members; I don't even see that happening much these days anymore, and some of them aren't even for Nameless anymore. Some people don't have the resources (or are just lazy), and just party in Ice Dungeon instead.

There's more people, certainly, but I think the lack of plentiful parties these days is just another factor in the big picture of a problem we have.

EDIT: Just mentioning, I'm talking about this problem from the perspective of a new player, not someone who's already been on the server for a while and has gears/connections to make things happen.
Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2009, 07:36 PM by Galt.)
11-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Find Reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Threads: 130
RE: What do you think will make heRO better?
Oh my, I wasn't aware people still took me seriously at all about 80% of the time...seriously guys you are funny! Icon_razz
[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega

11-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Threads: 485
RE: ??What do you think will make heRO better?
Galt Wrote:
That's something I'd like to disagree upon. Ever since the implementation of the Nameless quest, I've seen the amount of parties being broadcasted publicly fall drastically. There used be a time when 3+ Nameless parties could all be broadcasting simultaneously on Main for new members; I don't even see that happening much these days anymore, and some of them aren't even for Nameless anymore. Some people don't have the resources (or are just lazy), and just party in Ice Dungeon instead.

What's so shameful about ice dungeon? Give Saku a link with bless/agi and witness how ice dungeon out-exp your *average* nameless party. Plus all the snipers whining about pricy freezing bow and wanting one... guess what, you need to go to ID to get one then. All formless so you can use exp shoes, while getting dex food too. It's great if you can bear the fact that the dungeon got no good drops except for the freezing bow which is card drop rate, and the frozen rose which is only a OC loot.

Dungeon quests exist because this is a low rate: you work to get what you have, including good party spots. Cause if what you say is true about nameless quest, does that mean magically taking away bio quest, then everyone flocks to bio3 party suddenly? Doubt that will happen...

If people want to party, then surely they'll unlock places they can go to in order to find more parties.
11-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Website Find Reply
Lord Jericho Offline
Royale Paladine

Threads: 58
i can say i dislike 2 stuff about this
One. Woe i mean duh! only power guilds go in there no need to mention and if either small guilds or whatever Go in they get obliterated we need more People to do this otherwise will be David and goliath?s story all again.
Two. Endless tower Dowww that map is so much ownage and if it could be Set up atleast By npc talking or quest instead of just gm triggered it would bring up the server?s morale. how? dont ask me.

=3 thats only my opinion.
[Image: paladin.jpg]
Lord Jericho 9x/7x
on a break paladin with Devotion :D
11-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Find Reply
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Threads: 40
Galt Wrote:

There's more people, certainly, but I think the lack of plentiful parties these days is just another factor in the big picture of a problem we have.

EDIT: Just mentioning, I'm talking about this problem from the perspective of a new player, not someone who's already been on the server for a while and has gears/connections to make things happen.

I do my part by always trying to drag people with me when I hunt. Soloing gets boring for me pretty fast unless I'm like under 50 Base Level.
11-19-2009, 03:57 AM
Find Reply
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Threads: 40
Lord Jericho Wrote:i can say i dislike 2 stuff about this
One. Woe i mean duh! only power guilds go in there no need to mention and if either small guilds or whatever Go in they get obliterated we need more People to do this otherwise will be David and goliath?s story all again.
Two. Endless tower??Dowww that map is so much ownage and if it could be Set up atleast By npc talking or quest instead of just gm triggered it would bring up the server?s morale. how? dont ask me.

Hate to double post but....15 person Hero raid groups in Endless Tower could be fun.
11-19-2009, 03:59 AM
Find Reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

Threads: 49
Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:
Lord Jericho Wrote:i can say i dislike 2 stuff about this
Two. Endless tower??Dowww that map is so much ownage and if it could be Set up atleast By npc talking or quest instead of just gm triggered it would bring up the server?s morale. how? dont ask me.

Hate to double post but....15 person Hero raid groups in Endless Tower could be fun.

I agree, though there should probably be some kind of substantial payment/quest/requirement for entering Endless Tower... Easy access to all those mobs and MVPs seems a lil cheap.
[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2009, 11:15 AM by Naruhodo.)
11-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Find Reply
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

Threads: 66
If I tower wasn't 26 floors, I would love for it to open up. HeRO's I tower is custom, opening to the public would be easily abused xD.

I went to an Itower somewhere else that had all the floors......I cried, I understood why they opened it up because it takes FOREVER to climb it only thing is that I Love, is that you can trap basically any mvp in a corner where they are stuck, and can't move.

And as far as parties go...............its the players skill individually honestly.
Put it this way.

Have Dragon Empire (think thats like 5 people) combined with Nya Nya (a good bit)

Let them go to a nameless 3 party, and they will rock that place down. Its not because they specialize in mvp, its not because they are mainly a mvp guild, its because of their skill levels they know their class and they have decent experience in different dungeons / scenarios.

If you have alot of people with good skills and that know how to play their class, nameless and even hell is easy. Coordination, and team work comes with having good skills in my oppinion. (if a priest cannot communicate well with others, if the priest is just shouting orders, that isn't a good priest) (if a priest cannot prevent a party wipe same deal)
BUT THATS JUST MY OPPINION Icon_biggrin

And as far as going to ice dungeon.......seriously if you can't handle ice 3 you shouldn't even be in nameless. Ayu gave an example of Saku and having links/buffs, but honestly, thats any sage or prof.

I was pissed at the requirements of lvl 80 for going to nameless before I realized it makes complete sense why they did it like that. There trying to get you prepared for it. No, you don't have the same attacks, and same threats coming at you, but its still preparing you for something like nameless in terms of teamwork And you don't even have to go to ICe dun, there are other places you can go for exp (your all lucky you have new world dumbed down)

And if your THAT lazy that you can't do a quest, or you can't FREAKING WALK and you have a mini map now that you can pull up INGAME to show you where to go? You defintly don't deserve wiping a nameless party and prevent that alchemist who worked so hard for his exp to drop 10% and not be able to reach 99.
[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
11-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Find Reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Threads: 104
Here's how to make fishing more balanced, in my opinion...

Remove the following:
OCAs
Treasure Boxes
Gift Boxes
Old Blue Boxes
Old Purple Boxes

In fact, I would remove EVERYTHING other than fish/fish bottles (and maybe that chance to get 15 more bait when you have max points). Fishing should NOT be about getting cards, killing monsters should be about getting cards. Fishing should NOT be about making a profit off of NPCing crap AND getting fish. Fishing should be about getting fish. If you want to "profit" at all it should be by selling those fish at decent prices.

Removing all the ridiculous rewards from fishing would make people a) charge more for fish to cover their costs or b) only fish to get fish (which, you would think, would be obvious - but that's not how it works right now).

If these changes took place, it would make potions more marketable because fish prices would go up a bit. It would also keep the fishing system from getting so out of control, and it would cut down on some of the zeny influx on the server which is, in effect, a pre-emptive way of dealing with zeny sinks.

So many people fish to get OCAs. That's ridiculous. The fishing system is, and always has been, broken. Let's fix it. I mean, before the new spot got nerfed it was more worthwhile to fish than do just about anything else PvM. Why? Because I could make about 1mil zeny in 3k bait along with a few OCAs (if I was lucky), and that's NOT counting selling the fish. Clearly broken, right? Well, it got nerfed - but not nearly enough.

Fishing should NOT be a profitable affair unless you are selling the fish. I wouldn't expect brewing potions to be profitable unless I sell the potions, or forging weapons to be profitable unless I sell the weapons - why should fishing still be profitable even if I keep the fish (note: I DO NPC the low end fish, but not salmons/mutants/angels/dories/nemoes)?
- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Find Reply