Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Great Compromise Plan
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE: The Great Compromise Plan

Wouldn't you have to hardcode a new channel in? Or do you just flip a switch and press a button?

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-29-2010 06:29 AM
Find all posts by this user
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Quote:i personally think its fascinating to see the relationship between the two types of guilds.. especially how some social guilds get defensive about being social. I've never seen a WoE guild say "sorry for breaking your emp", dont be sorry for being who you are and playing this game the way you want to.. I feel like the recent talk of WoE and hero's population demographic has been somehow misunderstood by some.. no one is being called out or looked down upon. I never say.. Oh, he's a social guilder, lets not party with him, or let talk about him in our "woe guild" chat.

Here I'll help segregate it some more, social guilds cause MORE drama than the 4 WoE ones. They all at least just get pissy with each other a few hours every week, the social ones take the rest of it up. :3

*Pssssssst, by the way I agree with Herman's little comment here.*

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-29-2010 08:13 AM
Gabihime Offline
Seraphic Diva

First of all, I don't WoE :3??All of you know that.??I play HeRO to PvM and MvP, and I could care less about PVP.??That's just the sort of player I am and how I enjoy playing the game.??Duriel and I have a retarded little guild all our own that two of our friends are in.??We use it to guild chat with one another easily, and that's about the extent of that.

I don't think the channels should be separated or anything, but I do think what would improve the play experience in general is for everyone to have a little more respect for one another and to be at least vaguely polite.

Sure, it's fun to rag on your friends, but when you pick on people you don't know, or who don't know you, how can you expect but their feelings to be hurt???And INB4 someone says "I don't care what other people say to me, so everyone else should be the same."??It's all fine to be "I am rubber and U are GLUE!" but the cure to this problem is for people not to insult others in the first place, not apply the sorta lame bandaid of "don't listen to jackasses."??A good way to combat muggers is not, for example, to tell people not to worry about being mugged, and not to care if they are mugged XD.??

I, in general, ignore jackasses, but they're sometimes hard to ignore when they're dominating main.??Turn main off if you don't like it, you say???What if I need main for something???What if I'm trying to find out some information or buy something?

I'm not trying to say that all WoE people are jackasses, neither am I trying to say that social guilders are jackasses.??Jackasses are jackasses, and main unfortunately has a lot of them.??Somebody who spends a lot of time talking about how all of the people who play the game a certain way are incompetent and stupid, for instance, is a jackass.??This is if you're saying WoE is stupid or PvM is stupid.

It's not nice to talk trash about a large portion of the server.??You don't know them.??You don't know how they play.??You don't know how smart they are or how dumb as a brick they are.??You're just making a hurtful generalization.

Don't do it.??It's dumb.??It's mean.??It makes you look like you're five years old or really need to justify the size of your e-penis.

People should be nice to each other, period.

Gabriel Marelle: FS Priestess - 9x/50
Gabriel Czerwonakowa: Esma Bolter SL - 99/50
Irahlem Marelle: Acid Demo Creator - 7x/3x
Jibreel Marelle: Service Dancer - 9x/50
Therese Chevalier: Duelist Knight - 9x/50
Rikku J. Cidolphus: Stealing All You've Got In Your
Pockets
-7x/4x

A Lovesong
of Rooks
01-29-2010 08:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

All of them, Aaronock? =P

I like WoE stories. They're fun. Even if I don't WoE.
Guess it is like watching a sport without being a player of it.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
01-29-2010 08:51 AM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

OMG this is... hmm I have no words.

Thanks for the suggestion Matrim but no thanks.

For one, heRO is for everyone. There are party, guild's that can be made for more serious business. (can't believe I wrote that swt)

Anyone not happy with @main can turn off main or use the GM-Assistant in Prontera to make it automatic.

We've not done a selling chat because it needs to be hard coded and needs a recompile.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
01-29-2010 12:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Serenity Away
Serenity Now

RE:??The Great Compromise Plan

Gabihime Wrote:Don't do it.??It's dumb.??It's mean.??It makes you look like you're five years old or really need to justify the size of your e-penis.

People should be nice to each other, period.

I don't want to quote the whole thing since that takes up a lot of space, but +1 to this. I noticed a lot of "your mom this" and "your mom that" on main, despite them not knowing the other person. I don't find this funny or necessary.

Lify ~ Moon Light
-------------------------
Back from the dead once again.
01-29-2010 01:01 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

But I always like to make bad your mom jokes that barely make sense.

01-29-2010 01:57 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

we need a hardcore channel for people who slit their armpits....

that being said, mat...wtf? We'd end up having a civil war between the people pro segregation and the ones for it! well thats oviously an exageration...

Social players should just about WoE buisness unless theyre affected by it somehow and vice versa, dunno why thats so hard for people to get.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
01-29-2010 03:52 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Public forums=anyone can say what they need to as long as it doesn't break the rules, or go too off topic.

I don't WoE really anymore and I commented on Albus' WoE discussion and nobody cared, I think others could too as long as what is said had some thought put behind it. ;O

01-29-2010 04:26 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Or people can get off their high horse and stop acting like they're so much better than everyone else. Quit saying stuff like "Oh you're not allowed to talk, you don't woe." Guess what? Regardless of how people play, they're players all the same. They have every right to comment on something as the next person, and if you don't like it, that's your problem.

I must say, in all seriousness, that I am thoroughly disgusted by the community's attitude with this "WoE vs. Social" guilds bullcrap. It's stupid, and it's degrading. So knock it off.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
01-29-2010 04:27 PM
Thread Closed