Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cutting my hair - Need input.  /swt
Shogo Offline
Shogo

RE: Cutting my hair - Need input.??/swt

Cut it a bit so that it looks more tidy. The problem with long hair is that it tends to look messy without it being messy. So companies prefer shorter hair (especially on males).
So aye if you really have to do it, cut it so that you can tie them together and try again. Icon_wink

Shogo -
04-23-2010 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

You people in this topic...make me really shake my head.

1. Most people with long hair don't take care of it.??Looking at your picture Whispers, you don't really do JACK DIDDLY with your long hair, thus making you look like a BUM!??

Yep I got a haircut recently too cause I looked like a BUM with my LONG HAIR!??With my shorter hair now its less work to take care of and I look 10x cleaner, sharper, and feel better everyday.??And don't you dare say I think you're a pot smoker or a hippie, or any of that crap you said, cause I don't think that way of it, I just think most people who have long hair don't know how to take care of it and that can make you look UNCLEANLY LIKE A BUM!

2. To the guy who said he would rather not have a job over cutting his hair.

I guess you rather be a BUM living off your parents huh???Why would you rather do this???I guess making a living and doing what it takes to support yourself is just a BAD THING!??Would you rather be out on the streets as a BUM before thinking of doing this? ??

3. Dissing on your country of birth.

Yah you guys out there doing that, stop, most of us on this forum probably are not in a warzone country or have a tyrannical rule.??You think some other country is all gunna be fluffy bunnies and green fields???NO it is NOT!??There are just different problems there in other countries than the one you're in.??Trust me its probably not as bad as you think, and your culture isn't as horrible as you believe.??To those of you who hate your area THAT much I can guarantee if you move countries you'll find new reasons to hate your new place of living.??

There, my suggestion in the end Whispers, get your dang hair cut please.??It looks bad no offense.??I think a good cut that is still maybe about shoulder length and can be put into a ponytail will potentially be okay, at least I see loads of dudes with hair like that in GA and I'm in the central area and I see it in Atlanta like that a lot too.

If not just look in fashion magazines some and find something that looks nice.??There are a lot of cool things guys can do with shorter hair these days and you'd be surprised.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-23-2010 01:29 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

wear a chicken costume to hide it :D?

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
04-23-2010 01:40 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:??Cutting my hair - Need input.??/swt

Aaronock Wrote:stuff

You sound like my mom (when talking about other people).

ARE YOU MY MOMMY?

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
04-23-2010 01:48 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Possibly your second mommy your other mommy didn't tell you about.

04-23-2010 01:52 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

wtf, Aaronock???How in the world do I look like a bum???What am I supposed to do with my hair???Spike it up???Put it in dreads???Pigtails and braids???Maybe some corn rows???Perhaps I should fro it out.??I wash it and brush it so it looks nice and flat.??How in the world does that make me look like a bum?
A bum is someone who has horrible hygiene.??I bathe daily and brush my hair... probably too much... like a girl really.??>_>

Could you emphasize the word "bum" any more, btw???What exactly is your problem, dude???My problem is that I'm a kind, intelligent, talented person who can't find a job because people see my long hair - which I keep clean and combed.

I have the right to dis whatever I choose, tyvm.??It is true I don't live in some third-world country being destroyed by civil war and/or famine, but that doesn't mean I should be overly grateful for what I have here.??You sound like these kids I ran into a few years back.
I was at the Buddhist center in Irving, TX which is in this big office park.??These kids were skateboarding just outside and really disturbing our practice.??When we were done I went outside to alert them to the signs that were everywhere telling them skateboarding is prohibited in this office park and to ask them if they could kindly take it elsewhere (mind you, I have nothing at all against skating.??I am the preferred photographer of my skateboard friend, Skyler).??They jump my ass because "there are children being raped out there.??Why are you wasting your time trying to be a 'good guy' telling us where we can't skate?"

Yeah, there are worse countries out there.??But, I can still hate on this one.??No1

Ultima - atm, anything I can find.??-_-''

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
04-23-2010 03:34 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Whispers Wrote:Could you emphasize the word "bum" any more, btw???What exactly is your problem, dude???My problem is that I'm a kind, intelligent, talented person who can't find a job because people see my long hair - which I keep clean and combed.

I have the right to dis whatever I choose, tyvm.

Kind and intelligent? When you do nothing but insult people who disagree with you? I believe the term "hypocrite" is more appropriate for you. Stop trying to act like you're so kind and loving and mature and like you're so much better than the rest of us. Especially when you call people names left and right.

And guess what? Businesses have the right to not hire you based on appearance. Why do you think it's so important to show up looking your best for your interview? If you don't want to accept it, fine, have fun never being hired.

Get. Over. Yourself.

Oh and btw, some people don't like hearing insults on their country. wanna diss it? KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

Edit with a piece of advice I feel you need: If you can't take the heat for what you say, then keep your mouth shut.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2010 04:25 PM by Fruityla.)
04-23-2010 04:18 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Okay, let's play your logic game then a bit here, because it certainly amuses me.

whispers Wrote:I have the right to dis whatever I choose, tyvm

Then I guess I can call you a BUM too cause you know, I totally have the right to dis whatever I choose!??I chose to call myself a bum also, so I guess the logic holds there too.??Is dis cool with you?

So also what is YOUR problem???:D

Edit: I'm not touching the rest of your post with a ten foot pole cause I really don't think you could deal with it x)

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2010 04:25 PM by Aaronock.)
04-23-2010 04:21 PM
Former-GM-Vanadis Offline

Calm down everyone -_-

Something to report to the GMs? Use the heRO support ticket system!

Wondering what custom content is in heRO? Check out the heRO Wiki!
04-23-2010 05:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Whispers Wrote:How in the world do I look like a bum?

----

Ultima - atm, anything I can find.??-_-''

By the standards I was raised by, I think you look like a bum as well. The fact that you smoke does not enhance your image (though are trying to quit). Obviously, other people think you look cool, and they are entitled to their opinion.

----

I guess I should have asked, "What job did you get rejected by in your original post". Certain jobs, like say... overnight gruntwork, don't give a rats ass what you look like, as long as you can do the job (safety issues disregarded. Yes, HAIR is a safety/health issue).

Publicly visible jobs, like service desk/cashier require a certain amount of personal grooming, shall we say. Unfortunately, I'll have to agree with Dani again and say that you don't look like you do jack with your hair. Tying your hair back may be acceptable for these jobs, but that depends on the employer.

I'm sure you know this, but first impressions/appearances can make or break you. If you wanted a srsbznz job, maybe management/corporate level, the interviewer would've looked at you when you walked in, and told you to go home.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
04-23-2010 05:07 PM