Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Japan 9.0 magnitude earthquake
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: Japan 8.9 magnitude earthquake
now now boys, play nice.

i do not mean to digress from the original thread post, but really: the death of one man is a tragedy, but the death of a hundred is just statistics.

personally i feel that man has did this unto themselves with their ceaseless and haphazard exploitation of mother nature. Hopefully one day man will learn that they are not the masters of nature and should not be too proud of themselves.

We all live, we all die, what matters is what you do in between. Have we really contributed something to this spaceship earth or are we just going through the motions?

because although the tsunami is a disaster, i feel that there is a greater and more ominous disaster that we have -and seemingly perpetually- omitted from the headlines: inequality. This man made beast actually debilitates more lives, and continues to do so over the centuries, compared to a tsunami.

-w-
03-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Find Reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Threads: 133
I do not argue that the death of any one individual is not tragic.??I argue that the death of 4k+ people, millions of dollars in destruction, people losing their homes, people can't return home and 10k+ people still unaccounted for is FAR, FAR MORE TRAGIC.

This guy is just worthless.??You're not obligated to care, but prepare yourself for the consequences when you express your lack of caring.??>_>
[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-16-2011, 11:26 PM
Find Reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Threads: 182
You do know that those studios and manga artist you are adoring are trying to contribute right? It's them that are trying to tell those in their high horses to get down and actually understand what has happened. They are making charity doujinshi to sell to the public for donations. But for people to not interpret their message is just sad...

I know that sometimes news would exaggerate deaths tolls sometimes, but it is obvious that a large chunk of Japan has been victimized. You look at Japan as an enemy of the environment yet you don't see that almost all the nations are the same and to tell them this is divine punishment for their exploitation of the Mother Nature is just like how the governor of Tokyo talked. I look at the facts that this wasn't caused by war and Mother Nature didn't hand picked Japan so stop talking as if they were chosen!
[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
03-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Find Reply
tan313008 Offline

Threads: 37
Condolences to anybody who's relative may have perished, I pray for you.
IshidaUryuu 97/66 Sniper
Fist of Fury 9x/6x Champion
Kuchiki Byakuya 96/47 Alchemist
03-17-2011, 03:06 AM
Find Reply
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

Threads: 27
soo stating fact and opinion is worth to be flamed?
geezzz... i just dont have time care about some random death. i do care about death for people i know, not for some random people.... what's wrong with that??
03-17-2011, 04:49 AM
Find Reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Threads: 182
You could've kept that to yourself than to let us know. I also have friends there that's why I'm hoping for the best for them but I also want the people that I don't know to live.
[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
03-17-2011, 05:30 AM
Find Reply
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Threads: 25
thanks to this earth quake, my job has gotten more difficult. Most of the materials and customers are from Japan. This will certainly decrease the orders and will definately cause material shortage.
I do hope they can pull themselves together faster. Hmmm..., which reminds me, isn't the AoE the 3rd biggest world economy centrals? Things will get pretty ugly around the world, i'm sure of it.
I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
03-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Find Reply
Mulberry Away
dreamweaver

Threads: 1
RE:??Japan 8.9 magnitude earthquake
Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:soo stating fact and opinion is worth to be flamed?
geezzz... i just dont have time care about some random death. i do care about death for people i know, not for some random people.... what's wrong with that??

There's quite a bit wrong with that, actually. The people that are outside of your personal bubble are human beings with lives too, even if you don't know them and never will. Sure, many people die every day, but that doesn't negate the tragedy of the sudden deaths of thousands. They could say the same thing about you and your loved ones if you died ? that they don't care because you're just some random stranger. Though in your expressed pseudo-nihilism, I doubt you even care about that.

How would you feel if, for example, you were injured on the side of the road and needed help, but no one helped or cared because they didn't know you?

The point isn't that you stated your opinion, it's that you have no apparent regard for human life outside of what you care about, which is extremely selfish and devoid of empathy.
[heroine of the light][perpetually squishy]
Mulberry | Rozelle | Tearose | Bluet | Nagisa | Puffles
[snow song]
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2011, 09:58 AM by Mulberry.)
03-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Website Find Reply
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Threads: 111
Although we may not all agree with each others opinions, or the motives behind them, that doesn't mean we'll allow personal insults/flaming in here.

Perhaps it'd be better if both sides kept the old proverb "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"

If it keeps up, we will be handing out more punishments.
Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

03-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Website Find Reply
whitedraw Offline
YUKI! xD

Threads: 79
Im still alive btw :'3 im in other country now, escaping from tokyo Icon_sad
[Image: GLgDZOF.gif]

Nya~~ what are you looking at nya???
03-17-2011, 11:12 AM