Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tournament discussion/questions
JJJ Offline
JJJ

Threads: 49
RE: Tournament discussion/questions
for the record, theres a very long list of things that can kill me in play dead.... but im not... stupid enough to post them ^^;;

and since play dead is restricted why is there no big deal about Basilica or chase walk?

the answer is because those classes have OTHER skills, while me as a novice, i have to get cards and gears to get have a max of 7 skills, 4 of which i have to get gears and cards that aren't easy in anyway and 2 of which are quest skills Y.Y

i mean if a HP's only skills where basilica and say teleport, then they'd be complain about it for the next 5 years if you restricted basilica XD

same with a stalker, if they only had chase walk and envenom then they'd be screaming their head off if you restricted chase walk x3

be sides, if you've ever seen a true perma novice fight (one with a not stupid build like mine) they spend about 5 seconds poking you then about 30 on the ground playing dead hoping they inflicted some kind of painful status effect on you ^^;; its the only way a perma novice can ever fight, play dead is effectively the only thing a perma novice, or perma baby novice, has that makes them less useless then dirt XD

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:With a 15 sec max length for play dead, fight would last like...15 sec? No need for a 3 mins of waiting.??Seriously, play dead isn't broken when it have a max lenght.??
lol its not a godly skill as everyone thinks, a ton of classes have natural or quests skills that can kill me while in it, they just don't know about it because no one fights novices XD

teOx Wrote:youre a person who intentionally made a baby novice and whining about not being able to win pvp tournaments :P. thats a bit off xD
its not about me lacking the ability to win silly
its about me lacking the ability to do anything but stand there for 2 seconds then get blasted into tiny little pieces ={

teOx Wrote:if you wanna join and see how well you do you should ignore people who whine about you giving out free points. if i were you id join just to piss those people off. alot of matchups in RO are guaranteed wins anyway, are those free points too? bet no one whines about those.
lol i do ignore people, i'm use to server insults/treats/etc etc, but after a long long while things do eventually get to me (and trust me it takes a lot, and a long time)

teOx Wrote:and yeah i think those are more geared towards players who have supernovices.

but i mean who in the world is going to bother to pick novie gears for their alts instead of picking things like (read the following list) for their mains?

Full Plate[1] +7
Legion Plate Mail[1] +7
Mage Coat[1]
Tights[1] +7
Saint's Robe[1] +7
Thief's Clothes[1] +7
Odin's Blessing[1] +5
Sheriff's Manteau[1] +7
Coat[1] +9

anyway, i don't expect anything to be changed XD
i just feel the need to rant out a bit cause im having a bad esk week >.<

(Note to self, use disable smilies button more often XD)
[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2008, 07:47 PM by JJJ.)
10-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Find Reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

Threads: 148
+1 to everything 3j said

here is where 3j schools the GMs then:
J J J Wrote:lol its not a godly skill as everyone thinks, a ton of classes have natural or quests skills that can kill me while in it, they just don't know about it because no one fights novices XD

cuz the rule was probably made without knowing what you know.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2008, 08:08 PM by teOx.)
10-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Find Reply
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Threads: 205
Where will it be held? The arena and map make a world of difference. Me and other people are very interested in finding out more about the location of the fights.
10-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Threads: 485
I think what needs to be accepted is the fact that this is indeed, a *1vs1* PvP tournament. Priest class probably can't do much but tie their matches either with very rare cases where a win may actually be possible. Technically not in a position much better than a novice is. RO doesn't have perfect balance for every class in every situation. Priest shines in group pvp like 2vs2 or more, but do understand what kind of event this is, and what is the target audience/classes that has a natural advantage due to the setting to the type of event this is.

teOx Wrote:here is where 3j schools the GMs then:
J J J Wrote:lol its not a godly skill as everyone thinks, a ton of classes have natural or quests skills that can kill me while in it, they just don't know about it because no one fights novices XD
cuz the rule was probably made without knowing what you know.

You're probably right, but I'll be safe than sorry. I'll admit that I'm too cynical to not discard the possibility that a statement without support/evidence about what I don't know may be a bluff/lie. The 1.5 years of RO that I know (yes, only 1.5 years when most other GMs like to flaunt their "since kRO beta" I joined RO since Hugel update only), only 6 classes out of all that exist using any gears can go up against Play Dead. You may be right J J J that there's far more ways to cause damage to someone in play dead, but unless I learn of these methods, I'm not going to change Play Dead ruling.

@Krim: I'm not sure why you need banker (doesn't affect weight), or tool dealer (what do you really need to sell, you aren't pvming and you can bring your own aspd pots/whatever). As for the Kafra, I'll have to warp people back and forth. Repair, I can do that for you too.

@Bloody: ToH PVP room. As much as the crappy angle is there and I tried to look for a new map, it's the only decent map that separates audiences and pvper without flaw so that audiences don't get in the way.

[yes there's a npc there who can normally repair, but there's problems with using it unless matches are strictly 2 min long.]
10-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Website Find Reply
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Threads: 205
Silly Ayu. Banker for when a Merchant / Myst Case user runs out of zeny. What if they only brought 500k and ended up using more than half of it in 2 fights? Deposit zeny and withdraw! Tada~ Or just take loads of zeny from the start. But like I said, you never know when will someone noob like that.

ToH PVP room is purfect =] People are used to that arena anyway and saves a lot of people the headache of covering more than 200-300 cells room looking for a hider/cloaker.

Quote:[yes there's a npc there who can normally repair, but there's problems with using it unless matches are strictly 2 min long.]

Or just let Pand copy paste those scripts and just replace the map name and coords? No need to do anything manually when there are NPCs that already do it for you. Of course change the script's value to 0 for equip repair and 0 for Healer. The NPCs should be positioned north of where audience sit, in the BLACK area where they can't be reached by currently fighting people. If they are within range, they could use Healer during the fight... Sweat
10-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Once in a year, I can live with a few @repairall for people

@nuke + @raisemap are unbelievable effective mega-dispel + full heal Love
10-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Website Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

question came up and I thought that this was implied Sweat but I'll clarify it here:

Q: Can we share equips with another tournament participant?
A: No, you can't trade equips back and forth to share one set of equipment

Q: What happens if we violate a rule, such as using a healing item?
A: Auto-loss for that round. Committing the crime again results in total disqualification where you can't even claim category 4 prizes.
10-08-2008, 02:07 AM
Website Find Reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Threads: 53
RE:??Tournament discussion/questions
GM-Ayu Wrote:question came up and I thought that this was implied Sweat but I'll clarify it here:

Q: What happens if we violate a rule, such as using a healing item?
A: Auto-loss for that round. Committing the crime again results in total disqualification where you can't even claim category 4 prizes.

How can you check this one? What if a person uses Tofu or some other healing item that has no animation, and thus no way of noticing it ever used D=
10-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Find Reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Threads: 52
Can't GMs see all HP/SP bars? Just watch for positive movement in the HP bars of people competing and if they aren't using pot pitcher or heal they are done.
[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
10-08-2008, 06:05 AM
Find Reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Threads: 53
Im sure it'll be though to look for an increase in sp like that, tofu's sp regen is not too drastic, it will definetly be hard to pin point while they're flying, punching and exploding all over in a PvP fight =/
10-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Find Reply