RE: Tournament discussion/questions
set the cute little novice in a safe place before you do Icon_biggrin
10-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Find Reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Threads: 144
RE:??Tournament discussion/questions
GM-Ayu Wrote:Some people are still worried about ruling for x class and y items are over/underpowering, but I'm going to stay with current rules and just 'see how it goes.' We can refine the rules for the better in the future.

I still think infinite healing items is too much for alchemists, and also by considering that infinite healing items is far away from the conclusions that were made from the discussion thread you made.
IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
10-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Find Reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
Orange Potion ID# 502
itemheal rand(105,145),0;

Even with a lot of vit, learning potion and potion pitching it's not an insane heal.

Your comment on "infinite healing items" makes it sound like any healing items are allowed, which they are not.

Well if "that much", how about you just enter as a chemist and show us how well you survive trowing or spamming orange pots.
10-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Find Reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

105-145, but average 600 with average vit with throw potion wich has 0.5 delay so ~1200/sec

I don't have a problem with orange pots (I'm who suggested them), my problem is that you can carry 360 oranges and use oranges for the whole duration of the fight (180sec).
Krim's grocery list

10-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Threads: 485
Tournament Details (for both Divisions)

Before Battle
To speed up item checking process, *only bring what you need* and store all misc items away. For merchant classes and super novices, items inside your cart must also follow the forbidden item list, but you may put in misc items unrelated to the battle inside the cart for weight filling purposes if necessary.

If you need more items than you can hold, come to me *before the tournament* and I'll act as your 'kafra' recording what items/equips you left with me in the tournament. I'll return all of your equips and leftover items that aren't used back to you at the end of the tourney.

For players who plan to use the mammonite/other skills that uses up zeny, please bring all the necessary zeny before entering the tournament. You won't get to go to the banker during the tournament.

Battle Procedure
-DO NOT talk to the NPC on the map or he will send you out of the map!
-Do not buff other competitors.
-there is no trading between competitors during the tournament
-2 competitors will be wrapped from audience stand to the battle field and it'll be the pre-buff period. Any moves that doesn't involve moving is usable in this period. Stat buffing food is only usable at this stage. This is also the time to offer a tie.
-At the end of the battle, survivors will be offered a yggdrasil berry for full healing, and raise map will be used. GM will also offer the plagiarized skill back to the rogue/stalker if they lost it due to death, and equipment repairing as a result of battle at this time. PM me now if you need to restock yourself with some items/equips that you left with me from the start of the tourney.
-After you're done restocking from me, healed up, equip repaired and so on, I'll warp you back to the audience stand. Once you are sent back to the audience stand, I'm not going to attend to any more pleas and requests from you until the end of your next battle (so eg, if you 'forgot' to ask me to repair your equip at the end of battle and you are sent back to the audience seats already, then too bad)

Why can't we just go back to town to use healer NPC and kafra instead of these trouble?

Checking item+cart for everyone at the beginning of every battle will take even longer than what seems to the be lengthy process now. Plus, you can't enter the ToH PVP Arena yourself, so I'll have to warp everyone one by one when they want to re-enter the arena, which is just as time consuming as me trading everyone at the end of the battle.
10-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Website Find Reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Do the event with another gm, one checking/doing the boring stuff, and the other supervising the fights and managing the ladder.
Krim's grocery list

10-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Find Reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Threads: 53
GM-Ayu Wrote:-After you're done restocking from me, healed up, equip repaired and so on, I'll warp you back to the audience stand. Once you are sent back to the audience stand, I'm not going to attend to any more pleas and requests from you until the end of your next battle (so eg, if you 'forgot' to ask me to repair your equip at the end of battle and you are sent back to the audience seats already, then too bad)

Meaning we can't ask for anything before a match starts?
Uggh. I use quite a lot of equipment and i really was looking forward to be able to store them and get them out whenever i need them.
Im guessing we won't know the line up before our matches start right? Then i'll be fighting Overweight all the time ._.;
10-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Threads: 485
I don't think it's exactly fair to go "Oh look, I'm against a Hunter, can I have my alligator clip/horn shield/long mace/blah from my storage while I put away my mdef gears that I totally have no use for in this match?" You carry what you think you need, and what you "may not need as much" can stay with me in storage then. It's not like in PvP, people will give you time to arm yourself appropriately and then fight. You go into PvP room, you fight with what you have, and then maybe afterward you can go to kafra to change equip then go in at it again.

Likewise for this competition. You only have access to kafra after a fight, before you know who you are up against next. You do know the class of everyone else in the competition, so perhaps you can use that to your prediction on what you need and what you are less likely to need then.
10-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Website Find Reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Threads: 53
GM-Ayu Wrote:I don't think it's exactly fair to go "Oh look, I'm against a Hunter, can I have my alligator clip/horn shield/long mace/blah from my storage while I put away my mdef gears that I totally have no use for in this match?" You carry what you think you need, and what you "may not need as much" can stay with me in storage then. It's not like in PvP, people will give you time to arm yourself appropriately and then fight. You go into PvP room, you fight with what you have, and then maybe afterward you can go to kafra to change equip then go in at it again.

Likewise for this competition. You only have access to kafra after a fight, before you know who you are up against next. You do know the class of everyone else in the competition, so perhaps you can use that to your prediction on what you need and what you are less likely to need then.

Sounds fair enough Icon_biggrin
10-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Find Reply
Braun Offline
PvP

Threads: 7
Hmm.. Can we heal our sp if we buff ourselves, like with my LK, buffs like parry and concentration. Can I heal my sp after I buff myself before the battle starts?
Braun - Lord Knight
Bofo Bautista - Sniper
Carlos Salcido - Crusader
10-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Find Reply