Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heRO Leveling Parties!
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Threads: 485
RE: heRO Leveling Parties!
we *also* tried that with a party tavern with sticky and people's class/accessible dungeon, but that was also quickly left dead... it's not convenient enough to use to need to alt-tab and setup appointments just to train. @main remains the best method already at doing party searches, unfortunately.
11-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Website Find Reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Threads: 255
/sigh

People need to learn to stop being so serious about a game and learn how to have some fun every once in a while, even if it's Slightly or a lot worse??than your usual routine, It's a game. We're supposed to have FUN! It's not like??we're trapped in a cubical??from 9-5 forced??to??get our characters to hunt gears and as close to 99/50 (or in some cases 99/70) as??quickly as we can. And if we were, we would be paid by the hour, so wouldn't it make more sense to goof off and enjoy your job in the first place?

Any Progress is better than no progress at all, even if it sucks, progress is still progress. Shouldn't matter if it's greater exp than their usual routine or not. I know people who solo thors, try to get a party with exp greater than that? It'll probably limit choices greatly.

I remember when party sharing at Nif was the shiznet for exp. A katar sin,??a Agi Spear sader, dual dagger sin,??and my priest. those were the days.... can't hardly get those kinds of party's outside of guild, even with main anymore.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2008, 12:02 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Find Reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Threads: 130
I try my buttocks I remembered awhile back to get an Abyss party going because Abyss can be a lot of hectic fun at times in level 3. Could I find anyone to go with me outside of guild...not really. My responses were "the items suck overall" to "the exp sucks" or other general comments. I remember trying to find a second person for Kiel Dungeon 2 as myself alone is very slow trekking to get vali's mants and falcon mufflers. Again, couldn't find anyone.

I'm with Okama, I like to explore new places, try out weird things, and yes dying is a part of the process but I cuss at it and usually am laughing on the other side of the screen (unless I'm having a bad day hahahaha).
[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega

11-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Threads: 485
I'll give it a 2nd thought, I guess. I personally hate "pre-booked" events a lot unless it's the once-in-awhile large events since it compensates a lot of flexibility and my real life schedule too...

It just didn't really work out well the first few times. All we got is to arrive at the conclusion that either we are spoonfeeding (regardless of the overall being negative exp, strangely), inefficient (waste of their precious exp time) or it's biased (GM help is interference for selective individuals) Since the comments back then were overall not very well liked, that's why we buried this in the past. We had some pretty not-so-pretty threads related to this in the past already. Since it's not a huge loss not to host these anymore while also listening to the majority of the opinions of players, we didn't host these anymore.

Should we try to revive this idea again and we end up in the same place, we will *not* give it a 3rd chance and will let the server majority's opinion decide if these will stay or die.

(I personally don't mind hosting these at all if I don't need to book in advance which sadly I do... since it's the only time a GM can 'do something' and feel like playing RO again while GMing all at once XD)
11-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Website Find Reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
*sigh*
11-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Find Reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
*sigh*
@main is "convenient", "practical", and "fast"... BUT i dunno either it's just me or that most time i'm online and try to level it seems i level faster on my own (hurray for Nemo-asura-anubis-rinse-and-repeat)...

however, when i get sick and tired of grinding (+1 to Okama), when no one seems to want to party up, i AT and go play DoTA.

So what i meant on my last post is to set up a mini-event or something where people become committed to join in on the fun. True i don't hunt enough coz i must admit that GR citra found really gave me all the basic equips i can possibly ask for, all i'm trying to get now is a +9 sandals or shoes or whatever for my firelock card...

but yeah probably a parasite and harpy card can be used by my sage if i ever come by any...

so perhaps anyone wanna go hunt some harpies?

and i do hope the GMs can join in, so that they don't have to feel obliged to host an event anytime they're on and rather say that they're pre-booked on this fun hunt *prod prod XXXX(high priest)*

seriously, i feel bad that XXXX(high priest) can't join the infinity tower group that time due to fears of corruption issues etc. I really applaud that. And i see that XXXX(archer) is in very good shape, but i think it would be good to hunt together with other people in larger groups sometimes Ayu?

and what about Panda, what are your chars Panda?
is it just me or do you rarely play the game other than to host events?

anyhoo, thank you so much for even reading my suggestion and giving things another go.

+1 to the GM team, Okama, and Aaronock

Hey Aaronock, have you got any out-of-the-ordinary-built-char?
coz i got an autocasting sage and okama got a melee priest correct?
that would be fun...

-w-

PS: i am REALLY sorry bout the unwarranted disclosure...

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2008, 11:32 PM by mahawirasd.)
11-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Find Reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Threads: 71
Where did all the Cute little Squirrels go??
[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2008, 11:22 PM by Avalon_Fates.)
11-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Find Reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Threads: 53
Gee, i guess she didn't post anything about it HERE, because she liked her char privacy. Im sure it would be much appreciated if you edited your posts u_u
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2008, 05:00 PM by Kretzer.)
11-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Find Reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

Threads: 148
wira that was very tactless of you.
11-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Find Reply
Arie Offline
The lulz Bringer

Threads: 9
RE:??heRO Leveling Parties!
Icon_wink
mahawirasd Wrote:*sigh*
@main is "convenient", "practical", and "fast"... BUT i dunno either it's just me or that most time i'm online and try to level it seems i level faster on my own (hurray for Nemo-asura-anubis-rinse-and-repeat)...

however, when i get sick and tired of grinding (+1 to Okama), when no one seems to want to party up, i AT and go play DoTA.

So what i meant on my last post is to set up a mini-event or something where people become committed to join in on the fun. True i don't hunt enough coz i must admit that GR citra found really gave me all the basic equips i can possibly ask for, all i'm trying to get now is a +9 sandals or shoes or whatever for my firelock card...

but yeah probably a parasite and harpy card can be used by my sage if i ever come by any...

so perhaps anyone wanna go hunt some harpies?

and i do hope the GMs can join in, so that they don't have to feel obliged to host an event anytime they're on and rather say that they're pre-booked on this fun hunt *prod prod XXXX(high priest)*

seriously, i feel bad that XXXX(high priest) can't join the infinity tower group that time due to fears of corruption issues etc. I really applaud that. And i see that XXXX(archer) is in very good shape, but i think it would be good to hunt together with other people in larger groups sometimes Ayu?

and what about Panda, what are your chars Panda?
is it just me or do you rarely play the game other than to host events?

anyhoo, thank you so much for even reading my suggestion and giving things another go.

+1 to the GM team, Okama, and Aaronock

Hey Aaronock, have you got any out-of-the-ordinary-built-char?
coz i got an autocasting sage and okama got a melee priest correct?
that would be fun...

-w-

PS: i am REALLY sorry bout the unwarranted disclosure...
Well....... Panda did reveal her non-gm charecter(s) on the forum.
Go look for it! its quite easy to find. Also, Ayu revealed some of her charecters. Im to mean to tell you were to look though. Evil Icon_twisted
11-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Find Reply