Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will heRO run on...
Kokuu Offline
En

Will heRO run on...

I have a laptop that runs on 'Endless OS 3'.
Can heRO be played on this OS with no problem?

I figured I'd ask first than to see if it works because downloading the full installer would take at least 6 bloody hours.

Thanks!
07-31-2017 10:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

RE: Will heRO run on...

It should be able to run on it.

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
07-31-2017 10:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kokuu Offline
En

Thanks, Ciar! *starts downloading*
07-31-2017 02:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Haunted Offline

I highly doubt that you will be able to run this game on your OS as it requires some windows-only files to start. tbh I'm not sure what endless OS 3 is but I assume its based on linux so if you have problems running hero try using WINE or PlayOnLinux to run it. WINE will not slow your computer down and it won't really hinder your gameplay, but you may encounter horribly slow loading screens Icon_razz

--edit:why is my avatar courage the cowardly dog and how did it become my avatar........

own
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017 02:50 PM by Haunted.)
07-31-2017 02:48 PM
Koyuzu Offline

It -should- work, especially if you can get Wine.
The only issue is that if you run into any issues, solutions are not like. Super well-documented.
I run heRO on a Linux PC and because of the lack of help it took a couple of days to get it running proper. At this point I don't have any slowness or horribly slow loading screens, it is not even a particularly strong PC setup.
07-31-2017 02:59 PM
Kokuu Offline
En

Haunted Wrote:I highly doubt that you will be able to run this game on your OS
Yeah, man. It says, "heRO Full Installer.exe is unsupported." and "Sorry, you can't run heRO Full Installer.exe on Endless."

Koyuzu Wrote:It -should- work, especially if you can get Wine.
Yeah, I couldn't get that. I'm not a techy type of person.

I should just change my OS to Windows 10. /sigh
Thanks though, guys.
07-31-2017 05:39 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Yeah none of the Linux based OS will support a "double click and it works" for games and some apps. Really don't recommend you to use any Linux based OS if you don't see yourself as the "techy type" of person. Endless OS seems like a gateway OS into more traditional Linux OS like Ubuntu, so if you don't want to learn how to use Linux, I personally don't see an advantage to use it over Windows.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-31-2017 06:05 PM