Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion- Roleplaying the Opposite Gender
ScarletSen Offline
Linux User

Threads: 1
RE: Discussion- Roleplaying the Opposite Gender
Avalon_Fates: The reason your roleplay is better when your playing the opposite sex is because your more prone to making mistakes, and therefor look out for them. The most common one I've found is mistyping "her" for "his" or any other similar mistake.

I have roleplayed everything during my years when I used to obsessively play Neverwinter Nights. From a small female child to a non-gender specific celestial. Never played a female dwarf though, and kind of refuse to.

I prefer to roleplay my own gender but I have this nasty condition of O.C.C.C.D (Obsessive Compulsive Character Creation Disorder) and tend to make characters of any gender to suit the personality I just came up with.

I do recall having a male character that was quite odd. He was an elven Necromancer that spent most of his free time developing a Belt of Gender Changing in order to "see life on the other side." in which he failed, of course, and somehow managed to turn into a hermaphrodite but more feminine. That was a good bit of roleplay.

Got a little off topic there, but I doubt many people will mind. Regardless, there are many reasons why people choose to play the opposite gender exclusively, so it all depends on personal preference. Me? I'll stick to my Dwarves.

Sorry about the ramble. Just woken up late for a job interview (by about 3 hours) and I'm in abit of a funny mood. I wonder if I should make a thread detailing all funny things that have happened in roleplay that people can share...

/Sen
IRC Connection Information.
Server: irc.deltaanime.net
Port: 6667
Channel(s): #heRO-server, #heROrp
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2008, 07:28 AM by ScarletSen.)
11-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion- Roleplaying the Opposite Gender - by ScarletSen - 11-27-2008, 07:24 AM