Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need some anime recommendations...
ROCKFISH Offline

RE:????Need some anime recommendations...

Kulluminatii Wrote:I like a mixture of Comedy-Romance-Action, basically everything (like Trigun). Vash is easily my fav. anime character of all time, love his personalityIcon_biggrin (only anime that I can stand the eng. sub of).

I have heard nothing but good things about Code Geass, so I will definitely have to check that out.

First of all, Code Geass was alright and provided some good times but it was over-hyped just like Death Note. (also death note and code geass basically have the same lead characters in a lot of ways so it felt the same for me)

Avalon Fates and others covered quite a few good anime and I'll give some more support and ideas. (also, can't believe you recommended Escaflowne.. I loved that show and no one else has ever seemed to watch it)

Cowboy Bepob seems to be a hands down for your criteria and it was very enjoyable..up on my favourite list.
For giant robot anime that are actually good I'd say Gundum Wing(or for a newer show Gundum 00/Seed but Wing is better in my opinoin imo), Neon Genesis Evangelion if you want a show with so much depth that you will never understand whats going on until you read the wiki, tengen toppa gurren lagann was very epic and will blow you away while providing a pure enjoyable time that makes you happy, for something even crazier I'd go with FLCL, and there's tons of other ones like Code Geass.
For your vampire lover with action you should check out Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D.
Not that I suggest this if you want to be "happy" but check out Elfen Lied sometime because it is worth the heartache.
For the slice of life genre(which you don't seem to be very into) go with Kanon'06, Clannad, or Air.
For the show with its own religion(or should I say cult) go with The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.(also a mind blowing show in terms of were they go with it)
For some fantasy action go with Fate/Stay Night though you have to watch it to the end cause that's what makes the show.

Well there's just the tip of the iceberg(my class is overLaugh ) really in anime, there's TONS more so search some out and give them a try..And remember don't judge it on some pictures or by reading a plot.

edit* Also, I think you meant to say Wolf Rain not "Wold", Fates. Good show though.

Not in cruelty,
Not in wrath,
The Reaper came today;
An angel visited
this gray path,
And took the cube away.

A doctor cures people.
A medic makes them more comfortable. While they die.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samael - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
MattyF - 8x/50 Fail Monk
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2009 08:33 PM by ROCKFISH.)
01-26-2009 07:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE:????Need some anime recommendations... - ROCKFISH - 01-26-2009 07:36 PM