Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some anime recommendations...
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: Need some anime recommendations...
Kulluminatii Wrote:While Trigun is much more "happy-go-lucky" Gungrave is a hell of a lot more serious. I like both types of animes, but in these bad economic times, I guess I am aiming for more "happy-go-lucky" type of animesOk.

I don't want a anime that has 300+ episodes as you guys may have guessed from my starting sentence. I like the "standard" 26 episode animes.

So, with that being said, hopefully some of you guys can help me find some good animes.

1. Clannad. Quite refreshingly funny, but a bit too harem and too drama-ish IMHO... puhi puhi...

2. Akira. Classic. Nuff said.

3. Elfen Lied. Adult and funny in a more violent nature. A bit harem-ish too i guess...

4. FMA. Funny, a bit of action, quite light and refreshing.

5. Cowboy Bebop. Has become a classic to most, but to me somehow i prefer Champloo... perhaps it's just the jazz part... not too big a fan..

6. Samurai Champloo. Made by the same ppl who made 5, but it's rap and the setting is more down-to-earth (literally)... xP

7. FMP and FMP Fumoffou. I prefer the fumoffou for more laughs, but basically it's still enjoyable.

8. Ghost in a shell. Great blend of action and philosophy. More philosophy in the movie version IMHO, but the series are also great...

9. The Animatrix. If you liked no.8 (or a touch of philosophy and/or some background on the Matrix Trilogy), then go check out The Animatrix.

10. FLCL. Dysfunctional/crazy/absurd/outofthisworld/idontknowwhatelsetosay. Watch it.

11. Evangelion. I don't like mecha, but i enjoyed the philosophy. You said you watch Gundam, so i guess you'll like this.

12. One Piece. OK it's long and winding (more than the "normal 26" that you want), and truth be told i have only read a bit of it's Manga, but i now know why loads of ppl adhere to it. It's funny, it's crazy, it's touching in some parts. Great series.

13. Lucky Star! Funny how it should get number 13, but yeah LUCKY STAR is like crazy funny if you listen and understand what they're talking about. I'm not japanese, but i think i can understand most of their jokes and i believe so will you. And don't forget to watch the credits role!!

14. Sergeant Keroro. Dorameon-ish. Absurd and funny. Quite enjoyable for light watching...

15. For eye candy: Appleseed, Mononoke Hime, Spirited Away, Howl's moving castle, and other titles by Studio Ghibli.

16. For a tearjerker: Grave of the Fireflies... Cry

i guess that's all for now, i don't watch that much anime (just if and when i get access to them -> usually a friend of mine such as Xan-Xus comes along and copies them to my HDD or gives me a CD with the complete series), but i've pretty much given you the cream of the crop off the top of my head. There are loads more out there, so go browse around!

-w-

PS: if you find more enjoyable-yet-philosophically-deep or just plain crazy/absurd ones, post them here plox!

PSS: i enjoyed Death Note Manga more than the other versions, and even then i only enjoyed it until chapter 60-ish if i recall. Just before things get way over the writer's head...

PSSS: no, i don't like gundam. I tried watching a few episodes, but like Macross and Escaflowne, it just doesn't get me hooked... Saint Seiya and BT-X is also kinda good (and in a similar genre), so you might want to test them out... There's also that quite light and enjoyable anime with that guy who has a flexible sword that can call down a robot, but meh i forgot the name... wasn't too hooked on that either... And there was also a mecha police task force anime other than Patlabor, again i forgot the name...

01-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need some anime recommendations... - by Ellie - 01-22-2009, 05:42 AM
RE:??Need some anime recommendations... - by Galt - 01-22-2009, 08:18 AM
RE: Need some anime recommendations... - by mahawirasd - 01-27-2009, 08:36 AM
RE: Need some anime recommendations... - by Ellie - 02-02-2009, 11:19 PM
RE: Need some anime recommendations... - by Slate - 07-25-2009, 05:35 PM