Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some anime recommendations...
Riverl Offline
Poring knight :3

Threads: 4
RE: Need some anime recommendations...
Quote:"Quickly have sex or we are all gonna die" Its just to Fan-serviceness to be allowed to live I think, dont worry they fixed it in the anime.
Awww...they did? *Crosses it off list*
nah nah nah, at least that has more base (in some ancient beliefs) than the "eat my hand miss dragon"
But there's only like, 6 scenes of that for the whole game, and you can skip over em, don't cross it off so quick
despite that, I dont recommend the anime, go read the visual novel would be a better course of action now that there's a translation patch

A few anime recommendations:
If you are into 3D show and nice action sequel, .Hack GU triology and MS Gundam Igloo would be nice

For good laugh couple with mech action, I recommend FMP, FMP: Fumoffu and FMP the Second Raid. Vandread is also a nice series if you can manage to find it, pretty old. GunXSword for western style mech showdowns. Tengen Toppa is almost a must for some super robot flavor.

For serious mecha or drama/mecha: Gundam (UC classic, Seed, Wing: Endless Waltz, GGundam, X-Gundam, avoid Gundam Wing the series if you hate long wind talk from cool boys and yaoi fan girl bait), Hoshi no Koe (Not exactly mecha, but its mecha fighting scenes are outstanding while the drama was quite good, the whole thing was done by only on person on a single comp to boost), Fafner Dead Agressor/Right of Left (despite what people said, its not an EVA clone), Macross Zero/Frontier, Code Geass ( I hate the ending), EVA, Mugen no Ryvius, Eureka 7

Comedy or cute anime: Keroro Gunso, Inukami, Kannagi, I-my-me Strawberry Eggs, Great Teacher Onizuka, Mahoraba Heartful days, Maburaho, Midori no Hibi, Seto no Hanayome, Penguin Musume, Nagasarete Airantou, Sister Princess, Ichigo Mashimaro, Minamike, Nodame Cantabile, Rozen Maiden/Overture/Traumend, Samurai Champloo, Furikuri-FLCL, Clannad, Kanon, Suzumiya Haruhi, Ouran High school Host Club, Zetsubo Sensei, Lucky Star etc (that's about all that came to my mind for the moment, although I'm sure there's many more anime worth watching in this category)

Weird mech anime: Reideen (it has a down to Earth OP with a girl running around, but mecha contents - slow paces for a mecha anime, even for super ones), Gravion/Gravion Zwei (despite its poor review and a bit extreme fan service, I enjoyed it, so I'm putting it in weird category)

Action: S.C.R.Y.E.D, Hellsing Ultimate (series of Movies, not the TV one), Get Backer, etc (that's about all that came to my mind for the moment, although I'm sure there's many more anime worth watching in this category)

Drama: Beyond the Clouds, Byoushoku 5cm, Chrno Crusade, FMA, Genshiken, Graves of the Fire flies (that's about all that came to my mind for the moment, although I'm sure there's many more anime worth watching in this category)

[Image: 02bwaeu8.png]
Poring obsessed knight 87/54
Poring dancing on a stick 72/??
All hail da porings X3

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2009, 05:56 AM by Riverl.)
01-28-2009, 05:45 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need some anime recommendations... - by Ellie - 01-22-2009, 05:42 AM
RE:??Need some anime recommendations... - by Galt - 01-22-2009, 08:18 AM
RE: Need some anime recommendations... - by Riverl - 01-28-2009, 05:45 AM
RE: Need some anime recommendations... - by Ellie - 02-02-2009, 11:19 PM
RE: Need some anime recommendations... - by Slate - 07-25-2009, 05:35 PM