Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where did you first experience RO?
zanias Offline
It was in our own hearts, all of us.

Where did you first experience RO?

Nostalgia is killer folks. It can meen the downfall of some of our eldest and greatest players. It can also bring about surprisingly old faces and friends. It reunites us through our experiences and exploration of our new surroundings around us.
I recently joined a new guild and the conversation on original server popped up. I come from XeRO, one of the first in the private server district. It's had me thinking of my experiences with Ragnarok Online. The people I've met, and dungeons I've explored.
I remember when XeRO first tanked. That server had many internal issues. Shady GM's. Players abusing their ties to gain power in the game. After it was takin offline I moved on to other servers, following my friends IRL just to watch guild politics tear servers apart weather it was from shady GM's or not.
I first came to HeRO when I was bored one night. Looking for a new place to begin, I searched a few of my friends from XeRO. I chanced upon two of them, here on the forums. I quickly made an account logging into this game for the first time for a long time. This server was great, and still is. But when it came to me finding a new fun server none of my old friends would follow... They've had their fill, and decided to move on.
I'm left to sit here and post about my story and wonder myself what I have to show for my years playing this game. Granted I come and go as I'm sure many players do now days. I don't have a substantial character to show for my time. Many of my friends have long quit this game. Many friendships that I have lost to time away from this game.
Still I find myself coming back to play this game. Never looking for the advanced graphics. Epic movie cuts, or deep story. Lol, you go bash some porings and have a jolly time doing it! Weather you're by yourself or in a large party taking on an MvP, there's always something interesting to do. The players of this game makes it fun. The community is what attracts me to new and great servers, and this one has withstood a test of time. This will be the last server I play on, that is for sure, and I sincerely hope it stays online for many years to come so that I have something to come back to when there is nothing left to do at night.

So now, the obvious question here for everyone! ^_^ What was the first server you used to play Ragnarok Online? What were those first experiences to make this game unique, and stand out in such away that has kept you coming back for more of the years?

[Image: 30086811_2135620823427028_3680913343494750208_n.jpg]
07-21-2009 06:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Where did you first experience RO? - zanias - 07-21-2009 06:54 AM