No, don't
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE: Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not

Thinking??I agree with Izael on the assumption that sometimes a breaker might not want his name displayed.??Everyone has been arguing about bragging rights, "e-peens", and stratagems; but we've lost sight of the breaker not wanting their name displayed for reasons outside of these.

Perhaps if we knew why the option is there in the first place.??If it is to involuntarily glorify the breaker, the breaker might not want that.??Sure, a lot of breakers will walk about with an aura of pseudo-badassness, but some would rather choose to remain humble or hide their identity for strategical purposes.

If it is simply to alert everyone who broke the emp, that is unneeded.??As has been said before, one could always use @main.??They don't need to have their names announced, but I have never seen it be detrimental to anything.

I still want to keep it at a yes, though.??Whilst understanding that someone may not want their name displayed, a little congratulations and friendly competition doesn't hurt.??If you're aggravated by these I'm not sure what to say to you; these are confidence builders and a healthy level of confidence is never a bad thing.
My thoughts on strategy and ego remain unchanged.??Hopefully you have a better strategy than concealing your breaker and ego has a voracious appetite - the more you feed it, the hungrier it gets. No1

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
08-03-2009 02:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emp Breakers name announced? Or Not - Whispers - 08-03-2009 02:38 PM