Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who plays an instrument and what are you learning/playing?
Chained Chaos Offline

RE: Who plays an instrument and what are you learning/playing?

Oh, I forgot to mention the sweet deal I got on my ESP. I had friends down at the local music store -- a fairly large, two-story building filled with all sorts of instruments, rooms in the back and upstairs for all sorts of lessons, practice rooms, amps setup everywhere, reasonably big sheet music section, etc. etc.

I'd head in there pretty often, so I knew a good number of the employees. One in particular, Jimmy, was a pretty awesome guy. He knew I was looking for an electric, something with a decent capacity for metal, so he called me over one day and clued me in to something he thought I might be interested in. He technically wasn't supposed to say anything about it, or put it out on the floor yet, for that matter. Basically, some guy came in and bought the guitar, and it went into his closet. Never even played it, or took it out of the plastic it came in. Few weeks later, it turns out he needs the money for something else, so he brings it back -- but with a tiny, infinitesimal nick in the finish. On the back of the neck. That you had to look at in just the right lighting to see.

So, by their standards, they technically had to resell the guitar as "used," which meant half price.

Mwuahaha. :3

[Image: tyraelsigix4.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2009 07:47 PM by Chained Chaos.)
08-04-2009 07:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who plays an instrument and what are you learning/playing? - Chained Chaos - 08-04-2009 07:44 PM