Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

Threads: 56
RE:??Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Namine Wrote:2) If you want to increase/decrease eco formula, what should be the new formula? Do take into account that increasing eco cap doesn't always mean an increase in chest, because you can change the equation for number of eco to constitute a chest. Vice versa is also true that lowering the cap isn't always an end to chests. So, give an actual formula if you want to change how eco works in Aldebaran. (note: it is hard coded 12 AM of every day, you *will* get some number of chests. It's not possible within our limits to change this rule. Likewise the guild ability of eco development for 2 points instead of 1 is also not going to change.)

2b) If you also want to change the content of the chests, what should they be? Do trans chests need to change to accommodate the changes?

3) If you think that Aldebaran castle is fine in design and the problem lies outside of the design, then what is the problem (if any)? How should we solve it?

6) For any sort of change related to this castle, *when* should the change take place? When to execute the plan? How do we choose the date of executing the plans so that it is fair for all guilds (especially if there's a "nerf" or "buff" in prizes/chests?)

I'd rather have Alde closed than moving it to another schedule. I already explained the whole thing about a single's guild dominance possibility. Now the reply for Namine:

-- 3 --
People are not interested to WoE in Alde because they just like to use their SinX, Creator and else. They don't want to farm non-wool and non-tidal to equip a character because...
* It's not reliable to participate. Retro-WoE isn't enough rewarding.
* They fell in love with their trans character.
* They are too lazy to set a squad to attack Alde. Using the "not splitting the team" argument doesn't work for me. If you come to retro-WoE to make the eco down once or twice then everyone come, not just split the guild staff.
* They purposefully ignore Alde in their WoE to make aditionnal pressure to prove their point in the lack of interest.

-- 2(a&b) --
I suggest to change the whole formula so the raising of eco isn't a nearly-instant pattern to 20. Set the formulea to a max of 100 just like a regular castle. There, change the amount of reward so it correspond to half its trans worth (ie 100 eco => 50 eco chests). Its as easy to break the eco, and harder to build-up. This can eventually be changed again if we see it's not well balanced.

I like pretty much the idea about removing the god items from non-trans WoE chests if (and only if) it implies to upgrade the other rewards. Just taking them off without balancing will just take the interest of playing in Alde to a lower level.

-- 6 --
Announce the change with a date, with explanations of what it will involve. The date should leave enough time for a bunch of people to make a devoted 90+ character for non-trans WoE. If for some this can be done within 3 days, for most of us it will be around 3-4 weeks.

That's a fair delay for that buff change. God items can be taken-out off the chests right now though (before next sunday's WoE). The other drop changes will need more reflection. Chest item list : (http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=10691).

09-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There? - by Yuriohs - 08-31-2009, 08:17 AM
RE: Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There? - by Chop - 08-31-2009, 10:34 PM
RE:??Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There? - by Pistis_Sophia - 09-02-2009, 10:48 PM