Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

RE: ??Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?

Pistis_Sophia Wrote:
Nidsrule Wrote:This is a summary of the discussion that has taken place between the original Alde Woe Discussion thread and the related poll. I'll present the proposed courses of action along with the "For" and "Against" arguments for each; there won't be any discussion about rebuttals for the aforementioned arguments as that would make things messy. Let me know if any of the points come across as being biased and I'll try to word them differently if need be.

The "Issue"

The original thread started off as discussion on what role Alde WoE fills within heRO's community and more so, the complaint that Alde Woe doesn't seem to fill this role. There was a brief discussion about whether Alde WoE served a purpose as a way for new players to the server to be introduced to the WoE environment or if it was intended to be a place for players to relive the concept of retro WoE. The conclusion was made that Alde was designed to fill the later role.

This sparked discussion of changing Alde WoE so that it has it's own time slot, allowing all guilds to be able to participate in both trans and Alde WoEs.

Proposed Solutions
  • Leave Alde WoE as it is (or possibly change the econ mechanics)
  • Give Alde WoE it's own time slot, with changes made to the econ mechanics to balance it out.
  • Get rid of Alde WoE entirely.
  • Get rid of econ/castle drops from Alde Woe.

The two most popular choices at this stage are between leaving it as it is or giving it it's own time slot.

Leaving Alde WoE as it is

Pretty straightforward. Alde WoE would continue to run alongside trans WoE with possible changes made to the econ system. So far there have been suggestions to either raise the econ limit of Alde to attract more interest from the other guilds or to remove god items from the Alde chests along with a restructuring of the other drops to make up for their removal.

Proposal to leave Alde as it is.

For:
  • An increase of econ would promote more competition in Alde due to boosted incentive to attend.
  • Removing the god items would invalidate part of the original argument that Alde WoE should be removed/given it's own time slot, which claimed that Alde is an easy source of items due to lack of competition.
  • Requires the least amount of effort in terms of "fixing" Alde WoE.
Against:
  • Increasing the econ limit wouldn't address the original argument that Alde is an easy source of econ (compared to trans WoE) and it is only speculation and not factual that increasing the econ limit would increase competition in Alde.
  • As it is currently implemented, Alde WoE doesn't allow all guilds a fair go at retro WoE as their attention is divided by trans WoE being held at the same time as retro WoE.
  • Even with the removal of god item pieces from Alde treasure boxes, the issue remains that Alde is an easy source of castle loots compared to trans WoE castles, due to a lack of competition.

Giving Alde WoE it's own time slot

Alde WoE would be moved to another time slot, separating it from trans WoE. The econ mechanics and castle drops would be adjusted (if deemed necessary) so that while there would be incentive to hold Alde, the drops from trans castles would be much more favorable. God item pieces could be removed from Alde chests as it seems more fitting for them to be trans WoE only drops.

Proposal to give Alde its own time slot.

For:
  • Giving Alde it's own time slot would allow all guilds that usually participate in WoE an opportunity to participate in both trans and retro WoE, without one getting in the way of the other (as is the case with how it is currently implemented).
  • The server could officially advertise retro WoE as a standalone feature (once again, the current implementation causes trans WoE to completely overshadow retro WoE).
  • The drops could be modified so that they aren't seen as being broken by focusing more on dropping supplies used for trans WoE instead of only gears, if necessary.
  • Competition in both trans and retro WoEs would increase due to focusing the WoE community into a smaller number of castles.
Against:
  • It gives the opportunity for one guild to dominate both trans and retro WoEs, allowing said guild to amass a greater amount of econ than they would otherwise be able to control with the way Alde Woe is currently implemented.
  • It is a choice whether a guild participates in retro and/or trans WoE. The system shouldn't be changed just because the bigger guilds don't have the players to do both at once.
  • Hardest proposal to implement.

Removing econ from Alde castle

Alde WoE would be left to run alongside trans WoE as it is currently implemented but the econ system would be removed.

For:
  • People would still be able to participate in retro WoE but it would no longer provide easy econ due to lack of competition.
  • Easy to implement.
Against:
  • Lack of rewards would essentially make it a waste of time. It would essentially become a non trans version of the GvG arena with WoE mechanics.

Removing retro WoE completely

Self-explanatory. Retro WoE would be removed completely and everyone would be forced to participate in trans WoE only.

For:
  • Easy to implement.
  • Solves the issue that some claim that Alde is easy econ compared to trans WoE.
Against:
  • Retro WoE would no longer be a feature, which there seems to be a fairly strong interest in. It has the potential to attract players who prefer non trans mechanics over trans WoE and it would be a waste to merely throw away that potential.

Let me know if I have missed anything.
It seems to be complete.

Though I still don't agree that big guilds have to separate to do both WoE in same time. If everyone logs their non-trans there are no guild splitting. It is like if you told me "ok we can't affroy to attack Pront and Payon in same time" OF COURSE YOU CAN'T but when you choose to attack one, you all go for that one. Why don't you do it for non-trans castle?

Because its not worth the time/trouble.
I usually send nontrans people that are bored to alde, see what they can do.

Didn't do it this WoE though, needed everyone.

Yea, Nids Beat me to laying out what happened.
Good job though nids.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
09-03-2009 05:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ??Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There? - Yuriohs - 09-03-2009 05:59 AM