Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

Threads: 30
RE:????Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There?
Nidsrule Wrote:I can't see any way any of the current guilds can change their approach to WoE which will not only maintain the balance of power in trans WoE but fix the issues being presented with Alde. If people make the changes you suggest and one guild does step up to take on Alde, the underlying problem shifts from one form of WoE to the other and we end up back at where we started.
Those conditions are your own, and not in any way related to the mechanics of RO generally, or heRO specifically. What it comes down to is you don't want to give up trans woe. You cannot claim that to be a physical impossibility, because someone has already done it. It's a hard choice to make, I don't deny. But you have an example.

Yuriohs Wrote:And yet if we change that question to "Why should we change it?" the same thing applies. Where is the argument supporting that Alde is both a fair system and is working as intended in it's current implementation? Don't just say that it's been around for a long time and therefore it works. Compare the amount of support Krim received when he was arguing against Alde in the thread he posted and compare it to the support there is to have changes made to Alde now.
If the question is "why should we change," which is really what we're discussing here, then in the default answer is and should be "we shouldn't." If I can't prove it fixed, and you can't prove it broke, status quo prevails. Change for change's sake is a shitty way to run a community.

Yuriohs Wrote:Look at Alde now and tell me that either of these points apply. Alde doesn't promote a larger WoEing population (in it's current implementation) and as such the only guild that does attend it on a regular basis gets to sit on a constant supply of econ.
What I'm telling you over and over and over is that the low turnout is within your power to change. If you dislike the situation, then get off your ass. You don't like the idea of Alde existing without competition, you don't like the idea of competing for it, and you are entitled to that. The fact remains you have the means to fix it, acting within the system. The only thing stopping you is the decision you make, without coercion or influence, EVERY Sunday and EVERY Wednesday. Not Bamboo, not Alde, not untrans woe, not the GM team, not Aldebaran, and not the heRO community. You have only yourself to blame.

Yuriohs Wrote:This discussion started off as a complaint about the concept of Alde. Whether or not BS is the guild holding it, the same underlying problems remain with Alde's current implementation. Stop talking as if BS is the the root of all problems here when it clearly isn't.
Actually, I'm talking as if your apathy is the root of the problem. If you care, you should use all the tools at your disposal. Talk is cheap.
Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
09-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There? - by Yuriohs - 08-31-2009, 08:17 AM
RE: Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There? - by Chop - 08-31-2009, 10:34 PM
RE:????Why is Alde/Nontrans Castles There? - by Force-Attuned Krogoth - 09-04-2009, 09:57 AM