Poll: Should guild tax cap be changed?
Yes, increase the cap limit.
No, keep it the same.
Other (please explain).
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should guild tax cap be changed?
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE: ??Should guild tax cap be changed?

Herman Wrote:I voted earlier, so here's my input.

I was a part of what is now understood as "Behemoth" when it first started.. I'm talking like.. weeks into Amara having leadership.??We were a relatively new guild, and not long after Amara had leadership we were recruiting mostly new players into the guild and starting the stepping stones to be a competitive guild.??FAST FORWARD 2 years...
Two years ago (I wasn't here) I would imagine that the number of players coming in was much more then it is now. I think we both can agree that the amount of players coming in has slowed down.

Herman Wrote:The point i'm making here is that guild tax is probably the LEAST likely factor to change the current WoE climate.??

What do I think WILL make a difference???Honestly, more guilds like Revenga...??

Revenga is a newer guild filled with newer players compared to old break offs of DD/LW, Behe and whatnot, but they still find a way to be competitive.??How???They work together as a team, they are loyal, and they work HARD.??I remember laughing when they would run into our castle as a new guild when they had just joined the server, we'd wipe them pretty quick.??Guess what, we don't laugh anymore.??(well, at least not as much, Icon_wink )??They have the members, the motivation and the hardwork to make it in this atmosphere.??Lets face it, the big guilds here are big, and have been here a while with the gear/classes needed to be good in WoE... will guild tax increase change it for anyone? No.??Will a hardworking group of people invested in working together and getting better over TIME (not overnight)? yes.
and thats why I voted no.
You have to remember though, Rev transferred from another server.
Arkanis Wrote:Guild transfered from another server, and now growing fast just to kick your a**. No1 Icon_twisted
So, if you want more guilds like Rev to come, we'd have to try and take already established guilds from other serversIcon_wink. Yes, technically they are new to this server when they joined, but they already had that bond with eachother. They already had a guild set up before the guild on heRO even existed. What are the chances of a whole guild moving to heRO again?

Snowhawk Wrote:Revenga was also full of members that want to WoE. Which brings up the real issue again. It isn't lack of guilds, its lack of member interest. Mostly the older members doing it and the older members have to talk the newer ones into doing it by recruiting them.
Yes, the underlying problem is lack of interest. But how do we go about changing that then? If you guys can tell me of a less drastic method where we don't have to wait 2 years for a competitive WoE guild to come along, I'd be more then happy to support it. The way I see it, this change may entice those that don't WoE into trying it out. If they already have a social guild, they could get it the necessary levels to WoE with at a fairly quick rate...and if they WoE and dont like it, so be it, it was a small risk. I doubt any social guild will get the levels to WoE just for the slight chance they may like it.

One could argue that they could join a WoE guild on an alt, but most WoE guilds don't allow alts. Or if they are in an alliance with a WoE guild, they could get their fill through that method; and while that may be true, it isn't the same WoEing with strangers...WoEing with friends is what makes WoE so fun.
10-24-2009 02:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should guild tax cap be changed? - F.x - 10-22-2009, 10:09 AM
RE: ??Should guild tax cap be changed? - Kulluminatii - 10-24-2009 02:50 PM