Poll: Should guild tax cap be changed?
Yes, increase the cap limit.
No, keep it the same.
Other (please explain).
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should guild tax cap be changed?
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??Should guild tax cap be changed?

Ardney Wolf Wrote:Actually Street, you're a bit out of the loop. Both NE and Rev are regularly pulling large attendance for WoE these days. Average seems to be about 20 per side (NE, Rev, Behe) give or take 1/2 a party.

As far as the tax goes, rates are 5x base. You only need approval for WoE and that can be done pretty bloody quick. Don't see the need to spend GM time recoding it.

Additionally, I find it very hard to believe that the potential to tax members more would change anything in regard to people's desire or lack of desire to WoE. From personal observation, tax is pretty far down on the list of considerations people have when deciding to participate or not.

Just because only approval is needed for WoE, doesn't mean that e-call isn't as important. You can't sit there and tell me that e-call has not helped Behemoth in taking or keeping a castle. Also, I doubt much time would be spent changing a percent value for guild tax cap. That's just me guessing though, for all I know it may take hundreds of lines of code to implement.

I've heard reference to "the list" a few times in this thread, but no explanation of what this list is, care to explain? While I can agree with you the amount taxed won't be the top priority, I do believe it is a deciding factor.

When a person is considering making a guild, I would imagine they would think of the risks and benefits. Some may not have have lvl 99 characters to tax when making a guild, they would have to sacrifice some exp in order to level. If that is the case, then an increase in guild exp would help lessen the risk (risk being that the guild doesn't grow and folds...therefore gaining guild exp for nothing).

In response to what Adrillf posted, thanks for the history lesson about Behemoth. I wish I had friends IRL that wanted to play RO (damn WoW & Aion Cry ), and I'm sure if everyone who wanted to make a guild had friends IRL to support them, then we would never even be talking about increasing the tax cap. Unfortunately, that is not the case with the majority of people on heRO.
10-26-2009 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should guild tax cap be changed? - F.x - 10-22-2009, 10:09 AM
RE:??Should guild tax cap be changed? - Kulluminatii - 10-26-2009 03:56 PM