Poll: Should guild tax cap be changed?
Yes, increase the cap limit.
No, keep it the same.
Other (please explain).
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should guild tax cap be changed?
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

RE: ??Should guild tax cap be changed?

Kulluminatii Wrote:I've heard reference to "the list" a few times in this thread, but no explanation of what this list is, care to explain?
Sure thing. When interviewing people for guild memership (here and elsewhere) the typical questions they have in relation to WoE are 'When is it?', 'What classes are needed?', 'Can I use X build or will I need to switch to Y?', 'What if I can't attend?', 'Am I too low level/dont have proper gear?' and so on. Typically, the only time tax enters into that list is if they're asking if your guild imposes a mandatory tax. In that scenario, I've found that lower = better Icon_wink

In regards to your statement about guild skills beyond approval, while recall is nice, it's not by any means mandatory. I've run guilds on other servers before and managed to compete quite effectively without it. When it finally comes it's nice, but it's certainly possible to do without.

Regarding the time it would take to make the change, I don't know exactly either. But from personal experience, sometimes seemingly small changes to established systems can end up being a lot more work than is originally anticipated.

To clarify, I'm not violently opposed to this. If it's decided that heRO staff want to spend time altering it, then so be it. Personally, I prefer the prioritization of implementing new content (things we do not have or cannot do) over ease of use modifications to things we already have (i.e. guild tax).

You asked for reasons and these are mine. Icon_smile

[edit]Neglected to mention that I still do not believe that this change, if implemented, would have the effect you think it would. I have never seen a person join or refuse to join, make or opt not to make a guild because they could not tax or be taxed more. There are simply far more important things than guild exp to consider in those decisions.

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2009 07:00 PM by Ardney Wolf.)
10-26-2009 06:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should guild tax cap be changed? - F.x - 10-22-2009, 10:09 AM
RE: ??Should guild tax cap be changed? - Ardney Wolf - 10-26-2009 06:57 PM