Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
More people
20.69%
24 20.69%
Better PvP/WoE
31.90%
37 31.90%
More events or more varity
6.90%
8 6.90%
Diffrent exp or drop rates
6.03%
7 6.03%
More staff members
0%
0 0%
Less broken/missing content
24.14%
28 24.14%
Other
10.34%
12 10.34%
Total 116 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think will make heRO better?
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Threads: 703
RE: What do you think will make heRO better?
Thanks for the suggestion everyone, I mean it. And I hope this thread can stay clean and positive like that, kudos.

On sink... I'm not sure raising the prize of healer/warper would be a popular move, but I'm not completely closed to the suggestion, if we make it free until level 40 like the reset npc perhaps. Speaking of sink, I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that the Birthday Pandelina Quest sinked over 2 billion Zeny!

On fish... I'll see what we can do about that, already had some small ideas in store, but Ayu and others brings new stuff to the table which is worth discussing. Also a no-fish (maybe no healing item) pvp room is still in the work, sadly no one has taken the request so far.

On PVP... I'm working really really hard on bringing more PVP features to encourage it on the server, there's the Battleground of course, the Last Men Standing that I briefly mentioned in the Retro WoE thread which will be a quick weekly automated event between the 2 sunday WoEs and newly added to my to-do list is the Death Zone (work-in-progress title) which I will pitch to the GM team in a few minutes. Of course these take time, so I'm grateful for your patience.

Note: To players who are part of the Test&Dev section we need your help! LMS + BG are already on the test server just awaiting testing&fixing. If you want to join the test&dev team please PM GM-Aki.

On WoE... I know the above does not help WoE directly (maybe indirectly since a lot of PVP fans also like WoE and if we attract PVP enthousiast they might WoE too). I feel we made an effort on WoE already by making the chest rewards better but it seems it didn't make that great of a difference. We'll be adding the new dungeon switch soon, but that too is not likely to have a big impact. I'm open to WoE improvement suggestions, however I feel it's too soon to be thinking of closing any trans castle, with the Retro WoE coming next month I'd like to see how that unfolds first. An extra guild on the trans WoE scene might improve things a bit, I know it's not much but please consider it's hard for the GM team to have an influence over this, guilds do what they like after all, if they don't like WoE we can't force them to participate.

Addendun: since writing the above (yesterday) I had a sort of new idea (while driving home) to try to improve WoE a little, it's something I've seen in another game, every once in a while they have "Super Guild Wars", these wars are announced a few weeks before and have additional reward and impact associated to who wins the castle at the end, will discuss with the GM team and will inform you in advance if/when we decide to implement this.

On new GM... yeah maybe, I'm overly picky on GM but we'll see what we can do, a new face would provide more staff presence in game / more events which is always nice (and an extra help that I can poke on msn with my random requests XD).

On quest bug... I feel awful I know the fixing has been going very slow, we'll try to improve, but it's not easy and those quest aren't exactly the fastest so testing itself is painfully long. For the next reboot we have a fixed version of the Sign Quest which I hope will be the end of that problem at least then we can turn to other ones.

On getting fix/features faster... I decided that soon I will start paying for certain developer's request in the test&dev section that require an advanced level of scripting or particular knowledge or hard work (scripting/spriting/paletting/etc.) this should speed up the updates a bit as some have been lingering for months, hopefully some incentive will speed up the process.

On updates like brasilis/splendide/manuk/Satan Morroc... they are coming, SM basically awaits Ayu's event as promised where all light/dark hero try to battle it together. The other 3 cities some of you have seen in events, we'll work on those to have permanent access in a not-too-distant future.

On more people... I'm already doing my best I think, I pay hundreds of dollars per month in advertising, I'm active on RMs to recruit anyone who is looking for a server with requirements that fit heRO. I think a little effort on the players themselves is required here:
-Make a review on RMS, it takes only a few minutes and it's easy, if you have a problem or don't know how to, you can email me personally and I will walk you through it step by step (pandorathatsme at hotmail dot com).
-Voting is also good although topsites are not that great, still, currently we get on average about 1.5 vote per day in the top, that means out of the 200 or so people online only 1 or 2 bother to vote!
-Invite friends, poke them, tell them about heRO, help them install it and guide them in the game.
-Another thing you can do to help is make a video about heRO and upload it on youtube, show features or fun stuff you do on the server, it will attract people (pay attention to your tags to make sure the video appears when ppl view RO vids).
11-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think will make heRO better? - by GM-Pandora - 11-13-2009, 11:41 AM