More people
Better PvP/WoE
More events or more varity
Diffrent exp or drop rates
More staff members
Less broken/missing content
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think will make heRO better?
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

RE: What do you think will make heRO better?

Sorry, I couldn't help but add my own two cents too Icon_biggrin Sorry Love

Fish
Fish aren't necessary, but they are a huge help for newer players of many classes. It really helped me get through that tough patch of being brand-new to the server as a struggling combo monk with no better way to quickly and cheaply heal my hp and sp.

Now that my poor monk is a much less poor champ, I could afford to get my BS a Light Epsilon and a rare lvl4 weapon that gains 2sp per attack and 20sp per kill for certain monsters, which basically means infinite hp and sp when grinding. However if my first character was BS I don't think I would've been able to get that gear, and fish'd be a big help.

WoE and PvP are pretty much the high-end staples, where people are usually strong enough to afford to find something besides fish to rely on. So, as I said before, changing things for PvP makes sense but not so much for PvE, imo.

The Need for "Institutionalized" WoE Flaming
I personally am against a WoE Troll Board on the forums. The reason I've barely tried PvP and never thought of WoEing up to this point is that I'm not a huge fan of the trolling culture of PvP. I can have fun joke-trolling as much as anyone else, but on the forums and in-game I constantly see it toeing or crossing the line of becoming "srs"-trolling that actually insults people and causes really bad arguments. Why can't it just be a fun game and not a pissing contest?

Server Rates
As much as I loathe leveling at the point I'm at in heRO (96 Champ and 93 BS), I think the heRO rates should stay the same. heRO is a true low-rate, but we have lots of things like fish and hatter cards to make the long, hard climb to 99 a lot more fun and accessible for new players.

I thought that the increased rates they had for the heRO birthday was a really fun and interesting idea, and maybe this could be used on other occasions for short periods of time, to make events really special for players. Also, perhaps GMs could secretly choose one or two days each month to make the rates higher without telling any players, so players will always be kept on their toes anticipating and wondering about when the "lucky day" is. I think that would be a lot of fun for all players.

Gap in Gears
I actually totally agree with GR/miniboss cards having been taken out of OCAs permanently. It's a bit sad because it makes OCAs less fun, but it does make the game a lot more balanced. I guess the older players are just lucky.

Perhaps for ToH the item checker could restrict players from taking miniboss cards and MVP cards with them to ToH, so newer players who made it to 99 but didn't have the "OCA Advantage" will still have a fighting chance at ToH PvP.

For everything else though, the lucky bastards who got their GR/DR/AR cards from OCAs should still be able to use them I think because they "earned" them legally. (despite very, very cheaply Icon_razz)

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2009 07:23 AM by Naruhodo.)
11-17-2009 07:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think will make heRO better? - Naruhodo - 11-17-2009 07:18 AM