Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help for an old RO fan
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Threads: 485
RE: Help for an old RO fan
Training possibilities:

-Moscovia dungeon 1: access it via alberta (we don't have the official quest yet), and just use fire arrows against plants. They do move and attack but are very slow. Drops are considerably better than geographers. For potion problems, I recommend Double Strafe spamming then bwing the moment sp is out. Use healer, then go again. Sounds costly, but the blue herbs and aloe leaflets will sell for fair amount to pay if off. Rare mantis shouldn't be able to hit you, and you may get mantis card too.

-Louyang field: old school mi gao/soil, so I think you should be familiar with this one. Keep in mind for heRO we have something called "hatter" (wiki this one in our heRO wiki for info.) Soil card does worth something. Again, mantis for card as well.

-Hill Wind: earth arrows, and just shoot away. Be careful of drosera which is a ranged plant, so you may need to bring some emergency fly wing if they close confine you. They give 1100z each on average with their normal drops alone. Monster feed off of them can be used as healing potions and it should suffice if you keep your distance (arrow repel if needed to.)

-questing: rachel sanctuary quest (2 mil+ exp here) and a few other official quest provides good experience. Can also unlock some dungeons for the future too.

I'll stay in these 3 places until higher levels like 8x. You can do byalan dungeon 4 already with wind arrows, but byalan has no zeny drop except for cards... so maybe go there after you got some zeny for basic equips.

Gears to get:

-Burning Bow[1]: should be pretty cheap relatively at 500k or lower, though try to buy it soon as price is slowly going up (make this your priority gear!). Combos with fire arrow giving you more dmg against earth, and most of the monsters you fight for now will be earth. Don't be afraid to throw an "not most optimal" card in this bow to be a 'training bow'. This bow is easier to get than you think once your level is higher.

-glove[0]: I think that it beats brooches in usefulness by far. Consider doing the miner's quest (it's custom) in einbech dungeon. You can get a free glove out of it if you play your cards right (ask for help on that one on how to keep the glove.) They shouldn't be too expensive either, cheaper than brooches definitely.

-apple of archer: 1 mil or lower range, so bit pricy but pretty standard gears. Moscovia, hill wind and louyang should allow you to save up plenty of zeny though.

-I don't think that slotted tights or boots are that needy right now...

-Fricco Shoes: may cost a bit but this will totally suffice until you trans. Boosts effectiveness of potion, reasonable def, and 2 agi which sounds good for your build. Cost less than slotted footwear and buying a card for it.

-Falco muffler: it's sadly only on par with muffler[1] + whisper in cost, but it gives 5 PD and 15 flee, and a bit more defense. Don't hesistate to buy this if you see no whisper on sale.

-binocular: you can probably make this one by quest instead of buying it on market. Fight pitman in einbech for steel (which are conveniently weak to fire as well.)

-for armor, no-slot tights will actually be pretty decent for awhile... even for slotted tights, I'll only slow in something basic or "non-optimal" to just boost your attack power. I won't worry about armor for a hunter too much, as sniper armors are when it 'actually matters.' For now, just tights[0] or tights[1] with some 'training card' will work.

I wouldn't consider arbalest[2] which is no longer an 'optimal bow'. It's not bad, but don't worry about it until you got the spare cards or very specific builds that need the 2 dex desperately.
11-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Help for an old RO fan - by Kuipo - 11-24-2009, 01:44 PM
RE: Help for an old RO fan - by GM-Ayu - 11-24-2009, 02:59 PM
RE: Help for an old RO fan - by Pipin - 11-24-2009, 03:00 PM
RE: Help for an old RO fan - by Motenai_Ronin - 11-24-2009, 03:08 PM
RE: Help for an old RO fan - by Kuipo - 11-24-2009, 03:27 PM
RE: Help for an old RO fan - by GM-Ayu - 11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
RE: Help for an old RO fan - by Kuipo - 11-24-2009, 03:40 PM
RE: Help for an old RO fan - by Motenai_Ronin - 11-24-2009, 03:49 PM
RE: Help for an old RO fan - by Kuipo - 11-24-2009, 03:53 PM