Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MESSAGE OF INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Threads: 75
RE: MESSAGE OF INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE
Aaronock Wrote:The moment you post on forums such information Bridget then the GM opens themselves to let others freely mention it without warning on forums also.

In Krim's case, he has been doing this for years without warning, why now is it such a big issue? What has changed suddenly to make it be worth warning over?

To go along with the "I can change my mind if I want to" theme, maybe Panda would rather have some privacy about it now? If new players wanted to know who the GMs' legits were, they could just do a little digging and asking around. What's the worst that could happen, they could suddenly find the information on the forums missing? Most ancient-school players know the legits, but for some reason you don't see them shouting it out regularly over main or the forums. Why is that?

Krim's just beating his head against the wall. I can't immediately recall when he started asking for a wipe (relative to my spontaneous departure from heRO almost 3 years ago), but after awhile (I'd assume at minimum 2 years) it gets annoying when the answer will always be "NO" until such a time Pandora decides to *gasp* change her mind. Maybe that's why he's still around? Hoping for a change of heart?

-----

Wipe = people leave.
Lack of Renewal when "every other server already has it lol" = people leave.
People get bored/a life (broad generalization) = people leave

Ok, so what have we learned? People will leave because of any old reason. New people will come and take their place, and the cycle will continue as such until no new people come. It is Panda's burden to entice new people to come, and how she goes about doing that is ultimately up to her. Otherwise, the server dies.

If she thinks a wipe won't help, then that's her stance. If Krim can't come up with any current evidence that a wipe will help, then he's just being annoying. So if he's been lobbying for a wipe for years, but heRO has not gotten one, does it mean Panda is "right" and Krim is "wrong"? No, it only means that things are just dandy as is and Krim has not provided anything compelling enough to warrant a change of mind.

-----

I thought the context was heRO, not "some other servers". As far as I can tell, I've pretty much hit end-game, just a few odds and ends to pick up. Like that WoE thread (or some WoE related thread), if people choose to only farm stuff for WoE, and get on to WoE, that's their business and their endgame. Ok, so we get a few new dungeons and some new gears. Small changes, not a huge game changer.

If heRO spontaneously decides to get Renewal, then OMG ENDGAME JUST CHANGED.

----

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:I wish all of you a lot of fun with your no-wipe-policy and a lot of cries when you will see players leaving for other pservers with the renewal.

/nostradamus out/

Kbai. Oh wait, you "came back" because you "can".
Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
12-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: MESSAGE OF INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE - by Ultima_Pi - 12-14-2009, 01:23 PM