Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buddhist Guild? (reopened)
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Threads: 133
RE: Buddhist Guild?
Yesterday everyone in Revolt (of which my Hunter, Gyujin, is a member) was commenting on all the people advertising for their various guilds on main. There are WoE guilds, social guilds, a French-speaking-only guild, Story has his artists' guild, there's a fishing guild, and I made the joke of a baby mining guild (Minors ftw!) in the forums. That's when someone commented that next there will be a religion guild and someone else replied with an "oh god >_<".

I started thinking to myself, a religion guild actually wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I'm sure the server has many Christians and Catholics, maybe a few Jews and Muslims, a lot of athiests and agnostics, I'm sure. Perhaps there may also be some Buddhists here on HeRO.

Would it be a bad idea to create a Buddhist guild? Would it be a good idea? Well, this - as any action created in the universe - depends on intention. Thinking

So, with this in mind and the sole intention of having a gathering ground for the Buddhists here in the server I have created a Buddhist guild - Sangha.

I was originally planning on having only Buddhists in the guild since it is a Buddhist guild, of course. Then someone offered to help (actually, she wanted to do it all herself and kindly suggested I spend my time leveling myself =p) and decided to stay in the guild feeling she could learn a lot. I feel she has.

That's when I decided that it should be a guild not solely for adherents of Buddhism but also anyone who follows the Buddhist path in some form or another*.

*(You see, Buddhism encompasses three aspirations - or scopes, if you will. There is the basic scope which is the wish to just live a happy, stress-free life; the intermediate - or middling - scope which is to secure a positive rebirth in the next life or even seal oneself from ever entering one of the three lower realms ever again; and the great scope which is to attain enlightenment in this very lifetime. Only the latter two scopes require any sort of faith in Buddhist mythology, iconism, or metaphysical beliefs. The first - the basic scope - is what many people refer to when they speak of Buddhism as a "philosophical ideal" or "way of life" as opposed to an actual religion. This, of course, is not bad as we all live our lives to be happy [this, in Buddhism, is actually the meaning to life - metaphorically] and the initial scope of Buddhism offers a more logical approach to doing this than going out to do all of these fantastic things for a few moments of glee.)

So, here we have it - with or against your approval - the HeRO Buddhist guild - Sangha!

"All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else."
-Buddha
[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-17-2010, 01:57 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Buddhist Guild? (reopened) - by Whispers - 03-17-2010, 01:56 AM
RE: Buddhist Guild? - by Whispers - 03-17-2010, 01:57 AM
RE: Buddhist Guild? - by Story Teller - 03-17-2010, 03:01 AM
RE: Buddhist Guild? - by mahawirasd - 03-17-2010, 03:33 AM
RE: Buddhist Guild? - by Rei Ayanami - 03-17-2010, 04:05 AM
RE:??Buddhist Guild? - by Mort - 03-17-2010, 10:41 AM
RE: Buddhist Guild? - by Whispers - 03-17-2010, 08:42 AM