Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guild Discussion 1-Guild Leadership +Goals
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: Guild Discussion 1-Guild Leadership +Goals

1. Can anyone you feel lead a guild?
No, not just anyone can lead a guild. You need to be up to the task of leading, inspiring, and helping those under you. If you're not willing to take the time and do your responsibilities as a guild leader, then you shouldn't be one at all.

2. What kind of people should be leaders for a guild?
Obviously, people who have actual experience in real life leading others would be greatly helpful (I used to have a head of accounting in one of the MMOs I used to play as a guild leader. Our guild held solidly through many games for 3 years before he gave the official order himself to disband it), but knowing how to spot, treat, and talk to people, as well as being able to keep calm within chaotic situations in a guild also help. Leaders serve as examples; what they do will reflect upon the majority of people they will have in their guild. ALWAYS. There is no exception to this rule.
??
3. Does a guild need a goal it strives for to be successful, please give examples of why or why not if possible.
The guild does need to clearly define what the guild is there for. You can't expect to invite in social people with to your WoE guild and then expect them to participate in WoE. It doesn't work like that. Making the guild's objective known to people you recruit will help in communication, and will also draw more people to the guild that share the guild's interest as well (using a blunt example, an MvP/partying guild will naturally attract people that like to MvP/party).

4. What does hearing the words "WoE guild" mean to you?
I think of a competitive, knowledgeable, and professional guild that participates in WoE. On the other hand, I think of a bunch of complete and utter asshats with good gears that like to use sarcasm, who repeatedly keep breaking up and forming new guilds due to a fallout in the old one in an endless cycle.

5. What does hearing the words "social guild" mean to you?
I think of a guild that's there for aiding newer players, a place to talk at, relax, and have fun, whilst doing other things like leveling, farming, or partying. On the other hand, I think of a bunch of random noobs who talk about tasteless bullsh*t on main and tell people to "@main off lol" if it bothers them.

6. Do you feel that a person needs a guild to find success and fun within the game?
No, but it substantially helps. MMORPGs were not designed for lone wolves; they were designed with the clear fact of interaction with other players in mind, and as such, success and fun can be most commonly found with groups of people and guilds.

7. Does a guild in your opinion "end" if the leader(s) is/are not active anymore, or is it possible to find someone else to "pass the torch to" so they say?
So long as the candidates for succession also share the same reasonable qualities as the leader, then the guild still lives. Hand it off to someone radically different, however, and you have no idea how the guild will turn out, or whether or not it will die; and to me, the guild is as good as dead, because in my opinion, it's like handing off the keys to the kingdom to a rock.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2010 07:37 PM by Galt.)
06-02-2010 06:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guild Discussion 1-Guild Leadership +Goals - Galt - 06-02-2010 06:59 PM