Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild Discussion 1-Guild Leadership +Goals
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Threads: 130
RE: Guild Discussion 1-Guild Leadership +Goals
Okay, my turn to answer and I'll try to bring a few foods for thought that aren't simple checklist questions to the topic now.??Thanks to everyone who has answered so far, you are still free to answer the checklist questions and add your own thoughts!
  • Can anyone you feel lead a guild?

-No, just some people don't have the charisma or the ability to work well with teams.

• What kind of people should be leaders for a guild???

-Someone who is able to talk well to people, and follow through on things they say they will do.??This includes rules they want people to follow to how active people need to be.??If you the leader cannot follow through on what you say then you shouldn't be a leader.

• Does a guild need a goal it strives for to be successful, please give examples of why or why not if possible.

-There are two types of goals.??There is the big picture goal and the steps you take to get there.??It could be something from "beating the strongest mvp in the game" to "being the most feared guild."??Whatever it is, you hopefully have steps to getting there also.??

• What does hearing the words "WoE guild" mean to you?

-Doesn't necessarily have to have the best players, but instead they are people who are interested in fighting against other players and having teamwork involved.??Of course you want to win a castle and be able to defend it as the treasures can be beneficial to your guild.??You probably strive for high end equipments because they are required of you to perform well on the battlefield.??Striving to be the best player you can become is probably also more important to people of these kinds of guilds.??Can hold elitist jerks, but you shouldn't let them ruin your fun anyway. \o/

• What does hearing the words "social guild" mean to you?

-A guild that probably isn't focused on necessarily getting better at the game, but instead finding people who hold similar interests or beliefs to them.??They try to do things because to them it is "fun" and a part of the gaming experience.??They aren't always trying to become the best at the game, but they can choose this path for their own reasons.??Can hold players also who are "cliquish" and only do things with their small group of friends.??I feel social guilds should be doing better to outreach to the player community and not think like that since they have little reason to. x)

• Do you feel that a person needs a guild to find success and fun within the game?

-Most people at least join a guild I think in the end to have people to talk to if for no other reason, even if you are a solo player.??Not really sure you need it to find success, but it usually winds up fun at least.

• Does a guild in your opinion "end" if the leader(s) is/are not active anymore, or is it possible to find someone else to "pass the torch to" so they say?

-As a person who kind of ran out of time to run a guild, I really couldn't think of anyone at the time within it who would run it without changing how it was ran entirely, or without it just dying from lack of inactivity either way.??If you can find someone who can hold the ideals the original leader had then it can work, but this often is not what happens.??Usually guilds try to merge with pre-existing ones or make new ones.??A certain reputation comes with the guild name, and its perhaps more respectful that either of the examples I provided above happen.

Well now that I'm done with that checklist of questions I wanted to ask you guys what you think overall of the leaders of guilds here on heRO.??Don't mention names, just give your overall impressions of how you felt.??If it is poor, what should leaders do to be better you think???If it is good, why was how they handled things viewed that way?

Again follow all rules stated at beginning of topic and I will answer later today or tomorrow
[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega

06-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guild Discussion 1-Guild Leadership +Goals - by Aaronock - 06-03-2010, 02:02 PM