Poll: what's the best build/weapon for a rogue/stalker?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
bow
16.67%
4 16.67%
dagger
37.50%
9 37.50%
sword
12.50%
3 12.50%
caster
0%
0 0%
reset depending on situation
20.83%
5 20.83%
i don't care
12.50%
3 12.50%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what's the best build for rogues/stalkers?
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Threads: 255
RE: what's the best build for rogues/stalkers?
Main reason I favor daggers over sword is because I can double attack without any need for special cards or extra gears that allow me to do double attack with the other weapons available. I'm not a fan of sidewinder card, it eats up a weapon slot which could cost you damage in the end. Baby chick, I'm not too sure on. If I have no other hats, I'd gladly use that and a sword, or something.

My main draw to thief class is double attack. It's doesn't use up SP, and is a major source of damage for Thief/Rogue/Double Dagger sin. Moreso for Ganker rogues. Raid is nice in mobby situations, but with the combined sp cost of both hide and Raid itself, it's more of a flashy Magnum break with status effects. Mob too big, and they can hit you back out of hide when you try to re-hide, and then you get horribly killed. Not to impressive. Backstab would be nice, but it's not really spammable, It can only be used when you're behind your target, and then it turns them to face you. If you're skilled at dancing around the target, that's fine and dandy, but for the average Joe-Schmo, It's either 1 -hit KO, or finish it off with your regular attacks afterward. Still not very impressive. Intimidate is meant as a way to get you away from the hustle and bustle and take your target elsewhere, not really a damaging skill. Outside of copying skills, Double attack, Envenom, Throw stone and Throw Sand (platinum skills) are all rogue gets skill wise.

WoE builds, to my knowledge usually get vit/dex/str, with some int so they can strip fairly successfully and still live. They generally stick to status daggers or combat knife for extra resistance. Though, they can't really kill anything at all. They're just there to heckle and annoy.
07-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: what's the best build for rogues/stalkers? - by The Legendary Joe - 07-14-2010, 10:46 PM