Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are VVS Elemental weapons so popular?
Necrophiliac Offline

Threads: 6
Why are VVS Elemental weapons so popular?
Why do people like to use VVS Elemental Weapons instead of normal elemental weapons? They have a about 1/3 the chance of being created compared to an elemental weapon. All you get out of the star crumbs is 10 seeking damage. Do people not know how seeking damage works? It adds 10 damage that can't miss, but that 10 damage isn't affected by things like elemental bonus and skill modification, in fact that 10 damage can only be reduced, not increased. Why not instead make a +6 Elemental weapon, which also gives 10 attack, but this attack is normal attack, benefiting from elements and skills.

So basically am I missing something that the star crumbs add? I'm sure the VVS sounds cooler, but to use 3 times the materials (and the star crumbs themselves) for such a small bonus when you can instead just over upgrade the weapon once (at a 70% success rate if done by a WS) to get more damage assuming you don't miss. Even if you don't have 100% hit the bonus from element and skills more than compensates.

Finally I would like to add that this long post isn't some evil attempt to lower the price of star crumbs making it cheaper for me to get my smith ranked Icon_twisted
04-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Why are VVS Elemental weapons so popular? - by Necrophiliac - 04-18-2011, 04:59 PM