Trivia was balanced
Trivia was too easy
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
June 2011 ToH Appreciation Thread
Keri Offline

RE: June 2011 ToH Appreciation Thread

Don't usually forum post much at all, but gotta put down my thoughts.

Monster Trial
W1 - Died right before the exit in a mob.
W2 - Died right at the entrance due to them all right there in a mob ball.
(Ok, chalk it up to bad luck and difficulty for the 1st 2 - still unfairly tough for the majority, imo)
W3 - Said f it and ran.
W4 - Said f it and ran.
W5 - Killed w/o an issue. (Finally!)

Item Trial
Seemed like lower drops...? =/ After going through the 1st round, could have given a little more slack there, at that point.

PVP - ate dinner during half, watched half, no comment.

Trivia - somewhat reasonable to hard-ish, I think the time constraints got to me personally, Eh, on that round.

Not to be picky or whatever, cause god knows I have faults as everyone, but in an event so rule-oriented and noted (like with the spelling in Trivia, having everything correctly typed) - afterwards saying something to the effect of "Next time bring (or have - not sure the exact stringing of words) better "defence", just completely moots the point for me. I know it CAN be spelled that way, but would it have been taken as a passable way in Trivia? Just left me more sour after the culmination of a very stressful 4 hrs. For some reason, that got to me the most, even more so than the ToH itself, lol.

It just irks me because to join ToH you of course need the right amount of allegiance points AND a recommendation of being 80+ to play...that incentive sounds wonderful to many players who wish to possibly get wings, have fun...and have at least a fighting chance. How can, let's say, a 83 non-trans player, who has the points and level, go to play today's ToH fairly? They might not have the crazy defensive gear to survive (hell, my gear is wonderful and I barely could) and not waste money they probably scraped up, along with 4 hours of their time. For example, my IRL husband is looking forward to doing his 1st ToH very soon when he becomes 80+ sinx (not far off now) and I can't help but think...this would have wiped him out completely. There was hardly any chance for someone like that to go, play and have a SHOT at something nice. How is that fair, especially when it's suggested an 80+ plays. If the ToH's are constantly like this one, then I recommend it states you must be 80+ with insane defensive gear, hordes of healing items over what you normally bring and extreme, forgiving wit to deal with the goading snide remarks and jokes being thrown at you, about the difficulty of what you're trying to survive from, as your irritation escalates.

Regardless, sad to say this ToH experience today has put me way off other ToH attempts for quite some time.

(To add: my Monster Trial line of people were awesome, really great people - they made that very tolerable and gave a silver lining to the frustration <3)
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2011 11:49 PM by Keri.)
06-19-2011 03:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: June 2011 ToH Appreciation Thread - Keri - 06-19-2011 03:48 AM