Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Web Browser?
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Threads: 130
RE: Best Web Browser?
I do not recommend Firefox if you are using Windows XP or Vista, it has a tendency to memory leak and cause your whole computer to run slow in other applications.

IE 10 is actually looking to be a decent browser when it comes out.??They are doing a lot of overhauling on IE to make this browser more interesting and up to date feeling.

Anyway with that I recommend Opera, but since you don't want to use IE at all I might haveta recommend you to Chrome instead, but I hate to say that because I hate giving Google more of my attention past e-mail and search results.

Opera Pros:
-Speed Dial: Put all your fave sites in the speed dial to click quickly to it when you open a new tab.

-Tab Grouping: Freaking sweet, you can group tabs together and expand them when necessary.??Love this feature when putting a bunch reference art pieces together.??I find random new uses for this all the time, keeps your tabs organized and easy to flip through.

-Downloads Tab: Awesome, you have a tab you can open from the menu options showing your download history!??Whenever you download something this tab also opens up and shows your progress.

-Fast: I think some people say Chrome is faster but I dunno since I rarely use it.??I only happen to use it when I'm at my parent's house on their computers.??But it won't really eat up resources as long as you aren't too crazy with tabs (20+).

-Best Support Of Newer Languages: Most up to date browser in terms of web language support.??For awhile was the only browser with any HTML5 support, but I think its still top of the game even now.

-Opera Turbo: Net working slow for you???Opera Turbo can speed it up in your page loads, I think it won't load EVERYTHING for you, but it can get almost any basic website loading for you on the quick fly.??

Opera Cons:
-Some sites do not support this browser at ALL.??So you're still gunna haveta keep IE on the side for these situations.??Typically this happens when the site was made in Frontpage, so its not too huge a surprise.??However, sometimes Opera can be TOO picky about how it wants to render web code.??Upside to this is you can always tell when a nub designed something lol.

-Lack of Do Not Track feature: Yep, you're expected to deal with this on your own.??I personally don't care if a company wants to track where I go on the internet and put its ad every chance it gets, but if this bothers you then you probably should go to Chrome right now.

-Less Extentions: If you're a fan of crazy add ons to your browser you won't find as many as you would in Firefox or Chrome.??

Anyway I could talk a lot about Opera, I've moved to it two years ago after Firefox pissed me off for the last time with memory leaking and haven't regretted the choice one bit.??If you have any further questions about it feel free to ask me. ^-^

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2012, 05:26 PM by Aaronock.)
01-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Best Web Browser? - by Lena - 01-10-2012, 11:24 PM
RE: Best Web Browser? - by ABlueJelly - 01-10-2012, 11:34 PM
RE: Best Web Browser? - by The Legendary Joe - 01-10-2012, 11:39 PM
RE: Best Web Browser? - by kunkun14 - 01-11-2012, 05:04 AM
RE: Best Web Browser? - by raphael.cruger - 01-11-2012, 05:23 AM
RE:??Best Web Browser? - by Lena - 01-11-2012, 04:29 PM
RE: Best Web Browser? - by Aaronock - 01-11-2012, 05:23 PM
RE: Best Web Browser? - by Jens - 01-12-2012, 12:44 PM
RE: Best Web Browser? - by Aaronock - 01-12-2012, 02:04 PM