Monster was too hard
Item was too easy
Item was balanced
Item was too hard
Trivia was too easy
Trivia was balanced
Trivia was too hard
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

RE: January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread

First of all, take care to read who are you answering to, Forge.
But that's not the point. What done is done. And what happened is happened. And all that stuff. And anything else you might tell in future.
GM-Forge Wrote:Do you know if the script will res people and warp them out of the area when the next wave is started, Shinigami? I know it is possible to do it, as does Circe.
Nop, i don't. And if they weren't sure what stopped them from checking it out while telling people NOT TO GO in like in happened in 4th way? You know, when people aren't sure and can't go make sure for real from source, they make few blank shots to make sure. What? We're not sure? Let's just continue and see if it fixes itself.
GM-Forge Wrote:Glyph has information on how to run it if nothing goes wrong. If something does go wrong, he has no information on how to fix it. Where is his compensation? I don't think the attitude he was given counts as fair compensation for trying his best to fix a problem noone ever had before.
That's the point. If nothing happens. I really don't believe someone goes: "You'll run this month ToH, and that's that". It's on voluntary basis, and along with great power comes great responsibility. This time it was just power. Oh well.
And even no one had that problem before, it's in GM's hands to choose right way to fix it, and if the chosen way was wrong... You get the idea.
GM-Glyph Wrote:And as for asking for compensation, can we get some for the hour of nonstop abuse while we tried to fix things and get the event moving again?
Did i forget to mention that i still think it GM's fault? No?
Abuse or not, you got what you wanted. You wanted to host ToH to get a bit more butthurt for snipers, it's not player's fault that you fell into the hole that you were digging for others. You had fun running what, 3 ToHs without problems? In my opinion that was compensation on that, not the other way around.
GM-Glyph Wrote:And if you think I'm being inappropriate and snarky at this point, you are right. I am annoyed at the fact that while trying to fix everything, and finding out that a lot of it is beyond our power to control, due to a random fluke disconnect on my part, that some players decided they were entitled to ridicule and heap on the blame.
Excuse me, but you're the ones heaping all the blame on "random DC" and "none of this ever happened before". If you want to see it that way - fine, but don't count other people to follow your point of view. I clearly explained WHY i think it's not those-things-you-blame fault, but your own, yet all i hear is "you're not right, it's not my fault". Fine, tell me where I'm wrong, prove to me that my point of view has absolutely no basis under it, and I'll cut it off, don't just go "it's so because it is".

EDIT:
Oh damn, i just found out a 4th way right there! And even without knowing what script does! How awesome of me.
And if you can pull it back, i can pull it back twice then? Since i'm not able to play now from getting headache reading this peace of sheet?

EDIT2:
On the other hand i just feel all warm and fuzzy inside from telling what i think and not get any real response. Makes me feel right. Whatever, just another thought: after they failed at continuing, just finishing monster trial would make a better choice imo. I suggested few times to just go to wave 5 giving out 5 points. Going further, ending the trial and giving all 10 points would definitely make a nice move. Or give a 1/2 bonus trivia question with known answer. Sure, there would be complaints and all even then, BUT there would be less, since it wouldn't cause a huge time waste. Not to mention saving Glyph's nerves since he wouldn't get that 1.5hr long "abuse".

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2012 03:44 PM by Ptah.)
01-29-2012 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread - Ptah - 01-29-2012 03:13 PM