Monster was too hard
Item was too easy
Item was balanced
Item was too hard
Trivia was too easy
Trivia was balanced
Trivia was too hard
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

RE: January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread

GM-Circe Wrote:The starting GM is not the only thing the timer could have been attached to.
Had I not known this myself from past encounters (namely Forge having seen the script and mentioning it), I would have assumed it was attached to the NPC, as that is far more logical than attaching it to a player??in this case.

There are multiple ways to attach a timer, and this is the downside to this one.

yeah, i wonder why it attached to the GM actually

GM-Circe Wrote:As for calling Glyph an "idiot" for it, I will point you back to the rules. Particularly the one about player respect. This also covers GMs. We've punished players for keeping such language against people up, and should it continue here, that punishment will stem from here.

i dont rly want to use that words as well, but i guess my implicit message didnt delivered/received properly, so i use the most clear sentence. i dont want to use that words actually.

GM-Circe Wrote:When we noticed that, we did do a blank wave, and warned everyone over broadcast not to enter. We still had someone entering.
The only reason that that someone was not removed from ToH as warned was that his last login date confirmed that he'd only just logged on as he claimed.

way to late..
this should be done post-DC situation. the decision made that time is just like, lets just continue and pray everything will be alright. The host didnt check the 2nd wave situation (since the delay between 2nd and 3rd wave is not that long)

GM-Circe Wrote:You'll remember me broadcasting asking for someone from the first wave to PM me, so that I could grab a first wave name. By this stage, Forge was online, and as he had seen the script before, was able to recall the name of the variable that indicted a players completion.
We did not know if this variable was set for entrance into the lane, or for entrance into the lane as well as exiting (ie points received).
Unfortunately, it only counts going in, so we could not just use this to check anyone who claimed to be from that wave (the one where it broke and did not give points) and warp them past the first portal, to run again.

We had no way to confirm who had been in that fine, first wave, and those doomed second and third.
We could have found the not entered at all 4 wavers, though.

the one who enter the wave broadcasted automatically right? so there's a list of the player who already enter the 1st wave somewhere
and the one who exit the warp broadcasted as well. so there should be another list about this thing

GM-Circe Wrote:Also, when we say "We're sorry for the delay and inconveniences" etc, we mean we. I fail to see why it needs to come from every single person. If you're on a phone call to a company, and were put on hold for an hour or two and they say "We're sorry for the delay and inconvenience", do you expect them to get every person in their company, or even any people in their call center/support department that also did not/were not able to answer your call during this time to file up on the phone and personally apologise?
The GM team is effectively a department. This is why, when we post things of our own, unattached opinion on official things or feedback, we point it out that it is not attached to the entire team.

what caused the delay? ok i got it that the DC took share of the blame, but not totaly. you guys made a wrong decision as well. i guess u should apologize and try to explain to the player. this is what i meant on my very first post in this thread

GM-Circe Wrote:We do not have access to every script. We do not have access to the database. We are not omnipotent.
... Except for Panda, obviously. Minus the omnipotent.
There are plenty of things that only she can see. There are plenty of things that only she can do. There are scripts only she knows exactly which way they work, when there are plenty of possibilities.
This is why we call her in when we do not have the ability to.

i guess panda ended up summoned on most of glyph ToH to fix problem. i feel bad for her.

GM-Circe Wrote:We alerted Pandoa as soon as it happened, but she was not around at that time. So, we began to troubleshoot, and try to fix it.
For reference, Panda arrived back well before I'd even started the trivia. I suggested the trivia to her at that time, and she said yeah, go for it.
Why? Because she also needed to look at things to see what should happen and how we should proceed. There was no blanket "just do this and voila!".

i dont mind that u doing trivia. i just hate the question.
what's my favorite soda? what's forge fave color?
what a lame joke. its totally subjective. people can lie and no one can confirm.
that's why i said its a silly trivia

GM-Circe Wrote:I have never, in my entire life, wished so much during that time that I could take on the same protocols that those working or troubleshooting for a call center or pretty much any business could do.
"I'm sorry sir, but if you keep that tone and attitude/abuse up, I will terminate your call/connection. Please calm down."
We were getting abuse in main. We were getting abuse in PMs. We were getting abuse in all chat. From the start. Not a 10 min wait in. Not a 20 min wait in. Not an hour wait in. From. the. start.
Even after, obviously, we were getting conspiracy theories that apparently, no DC-crash happened at all.

that's part of GM life? with/without error?

GM-Circe Wrote:As for something you all seem to be forgetting.
It was the DC-crash that borked things.
Yes, attempting the next run also added a little, and had we actually had explicit knowledge as to how the event worked, or knowledge about what to do in a situation that had never happened before, we would have been able to continue without calling on Panda... still with a delay.
Had we had the script in our hands, we still would have been able to continue without Panda... still with a large delay. That script is huge, and doesn't read itself!
Second wave, where the DC happened, was still the major problem. We had no way of telling who had exited in that first half, and who hadn't.

but your way to handle things is not wise. i know how hard it is to make an omnipotent error-handling script (if its even possible), that's why GM still need to host the event.
i never blame the script, and now i get that the DC share the blame as well. but again, GM still made a mistake with the error handling.

i wonder what knowledge given to the host of ToH. this thing should be fixed as well.

GM-Circe Wrote:The upside is, we now know that to do in such a situation, which will still cause a decent delay, even if it doesn't actually address it, and people still complain that the compromise that the situation is. :/

yeah yeah.. ToH is always come with delay. i guess me and ptah got nothing to say about this part
01-30-2012 02:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread - Shinigami l0_0l - 01-30-2012 02:38 AM