Monster was too hard
Item was too easy
Item was balanced
Item was too hard
Trivia was too easy
Trivia was balanced
Trivia was too hard
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread

err right... finally read through the posts... perhaps we really got side tracked here...

i think the main point shinigami is making is basically: glyph should apologize for being too hasty in resuming waves after his DC.

in defense of glyph:
1. it was a freak DC
2. glyph did not have foresight of how his DC will affect the timers
3. all the screaming in main at the time surely didn't help

in defense of shinigami:
1. the main point shinigami has been pressing on (albeit being side tracked by talks of personal losses, etc) was that when you DC, you should take a breather and analyze the situation rather than forge on. Panda had to be waken up abruptly in the middle of the night, i don't know how much info she got from her wake up call, but nevertheless she took her time and talked with the players to pinpoint the problem so that she could make an informed decision rather than a rushed one.
I feel that this is the main logic behind the argument - that if one DCs, one should take some time and check the situation rather than rush anything. I was there at the time and i was one of the first to scream on main telling him to wait because my wife was still waiting for her respawn. Glyph rushed it.
Regardless of foresight or script know-how, RO players all know that when you DC in the middle of doing something, the first thing you do is to re-buff and recheck your equipments, usables, etc before forging on. We do this in fishing, we do this in quests, we do this in everyday parties, we do this while we're grinding. There is no reason at all not to take a breather after we dc to settle things down. Ask any priest, what do they do if they dc in the middle of any old mindless grinds?
I am just an average priest, but when i dc, i make it a point to stop the party a tad to rebuff, so that we reset our own timers so that we know that the rest of the party's timers are synched to ours.
Therefore, perhaps the main thing we can take out of this is to incorporate a "manual fail-check" in the SOP for hosting TOHs so that future mishaps can be averted.

2. when panda came on, she apologized and eased the players even though she had not done anything wrong - surely the same treatment is not too much to ask from the main host?

Now I know that this is a silly request considering the effort that everyone involved put to provide us with an enjoyable gaming experience. And i have told shinigami repeatedly that it is probably considered a moot point by many. Nevertheless, perhaps a heartfelt apology by Glyph would ease everyone in TOH that time and would actually make the attendants more at ease and sympathetic - it surely worked for Panda, so perhaps Glyph apologizing would be a great way to put this thing to rest and ease all involved.

anyway, they say that hindsight is always 20/20. So perhaps looking at the code as it is now, what we can do the next time something like this happens (rather than waking Panda, etc) is to run the next wave without any participant entering so that it can reset itself like what they finally did. This time, just make sure to @doom Sucasa before the wave starts Ok

W
02-01-2012 11:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: January 2012 ToH Appreciation Thread - mahawirasd - 02-01-2012 11:23 PM