Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mining quest suggestion
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Threads: 54
RE: Mining quest suggestion
I don't have a lot of issue's myself with the monsters but thats because i mine on my creator and my vanil is pretty much monster-proof down there.

However i can understand that anyone who doesn't have a homun like mine or just mines on a different class could have large issue's going down their. Adv fishing spot compared to Adv. mining makes the Adv. fishing spot look like quite a laughter. The locations difference between those two isn't really fair either, while the Adv. fishing spot is walkable from the portal in a sign and a sneeze (and the monsters down there are a joke as well), the Adv. mining spot is in the middle of the map, where people will most likely only flywing/teleport towards too, and will have their hands full on the monsters on their path, not to mention the MVP down there.

My main complaint regarding mining is that its still so less attractive to do compared to fishing, and i'm not talking about the lvl 4 stone drop rate.

I understand that mining and fishing are 2 different things but i personally do not understand why you cannot get DCA's, gift boxes, and treasure boxes from mining since honestly with a bit of imagination you could think of a reason why you could pick those up in mining as well.

What annoys the crap out of me regarding mining as well is that anti-bot npc, he takes points if you don't answer his question correct or if you "spam" the 'i don't know' thing to much. Why doesn't fishing has this? Because of the weight of the fish?

And probably last but not least for as far as i can remember my complains when i just woke up, the mining hat compared to the fishing hat. Fishing hat takes 100 fish bottles who you can get during fishing at the advanced spot, in an average 3000 bait run i usually end up with about 0~5 of them. Mining spot however, i usually go down there with about 200~220 picks per run and always end up with 0, and IF i'm lucky i might do a few runs and end up with 1 if not once again 0, if that again i'm lucky. The drop rate of fish bottles compared to rough Orichalum is just really unfair. I know that 5 pure Orichalum of them are a god item component, but do the rest of the players have to "suffer" from that?

I'm not sure if this fact is correct or not but i also read on the wiki that the npc has a 10% chance to turn your rough into a pure ore, however since the test server is down i have no idea how much rough it takes to make a pure one. Went down their myself with the ores i have on the real server and it takes 5 to turn one into a pure. Doing some simple math that means if its really 10% to turn 5 into 1 pure and your really unlucky, that means you'll need 500 roughs to make 10 pure...

I also heard from as far as i know still the first and only person who owns a mining hat that it doesn't really do anything but 'make the amount of picks broken slightly less, which isn't really noticeable'. Quoted from that person.

I love mining, heck i even like it more then fishing but its just not so great compared to fishing. This is also not meant as a big bash towards the GM-team or anything.

I like Sizes suggestion but i'd also would love to see that mining in general would gain a bit more of a boost or at least something that would make it more fair to mine, it doesn't have to be something big and hell i don't want it to become too easy to get certain stones or anything, i don't want mining to become OP or anything.

Edit: Went through another check up on the wiki and it seems that one is out of date? I don't know but for example 'silver ring' is in the mining list but i've never ever gotten one of those in the time i've been mining here. Fishing list also still says you can use Fish in WoE and OCA is still in the list as well, i don't mind editing it myself if i'm sure which items are still correct and which are not.
Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2012, 05:23 AM by Kittie.)
05-15-2012, 05:03 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Mining quest suggestion - by ~YIN~ - 05-14-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: Mining quest suggestion - by EvolutionXI - 05-14-2012, 10:36 PM
RE: Mining quest suggestion - by Kittie - 05-15-2012, 05:03 AM
RE:??Mining quest suggestion - by EvolutionXI - 05-15-2012, 10:22 AM
RE: Mining quest suggestion - by Seth~ - 05-15-2012, 10:55 AM
RE: Mining quest suggestion - by GM-Circe - 05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
RE:??Mining quest suggestion - by Weapon - 05-16-2012, 07:39 AM
RE: Mining quest suggestion - by ~YIN~ - 05-16-2012, 05:38 PM