Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PVP Tournament in Celebration of heRO's Birthday!
Professor X Offline
Tidious Teacher

RE: PVP Tournament in Celebration of heRO's Birthday!

I have to agree with CP, this Tournment has started the ball rolling down the right path. It may not be perfect, but what is?
Much better than nothing. Can you make everyone happy? Probably not. Overall, I personally had a good time. I got raped in the nontrans (first round) but did better in trans. Fun either way. At least for me.

The majority of the rules are organized and seem fair (ie. skill restrictions, items, etc.). I believe the participant and winner prizes are quite nice., esp. for newer players or those with little time. Perhaps with greater future turn out, more prizes?
The map was neat and fine, but a little big for spectors to see whole match. Future Tournments could have different arenas? Maybe one with water? Waterball? Ha ha ha

Two best out of three rounds is alright per fight.
I think single round double swiss elimination may be more fair?
Fight one person once, then losers are paired with losers and winners with winners? So two loses to two different people = out?

I admit the 30 second aggression rule is very lame for classes that lack range skills, esp. with Push/Throwback enabled. Stapo Card and Throw Stone might solve the problem? Faster walking speed (PPHB)?
Or maybe extend 30s rule for WS (and other non range classes/builds) to 60-90s? Or maybe share the timer between both players (like if your getting hit, it's still good)? Smaller Map? No Push?
There are a few ways this could be dealt with.

I thank the GMs for putting work and time into developing events for us. Do not get bogged down by the negative, but learn from your mistakes.

I hope everyone will realize, we all have same goal, to make heRO for fun, for everyone ;D
Might be easier if we work together =0
10-15-2012 09:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PVP Tournament in Celebration of heRO's Birthday! - Professor X - 10-15-2012 09:59 PM