Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SG/Ninja Guides?
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: SG/Ninja Guides?

Now for the rest of the skills.

Reverse Tatami- Primarily a defensive move for Ninja's. For the 1 cell the ninja is on, it creates??a spot where ranged attacks cannot hit you. those annoying snipers sending their bird to hit you? Use reverse tatami! Those stupid sins throwing rocks at you? Block them with a tatami floorboard out of your bum! Downside is it's effect is just as long as it's cooldown, meaning??you'll probably still get shot between the times you try to recast tatami. Also, it ONLY covers 1 cell. You move from that, and your protection is gone.??Offensively, it does weak damage that knocks back enemies 5 cells. The range of the attack effect depend on skill level. Most generally leave it at lvl 1 for Prerequisites. The tatami mats don't block magic damage so you're still in danger when fighting mages.

Mist Slash- Does melee physical damage and puts you into the hiding state. I've got mixed blessings on this. On the one hand,??it's probably cheaper on your SP to use Smokie clip for hiding, but Mist slash allows for faster spamming since there's little to no cooldown to Hiding with mist slash, so you can finish something off and shadow jump or shadow slash somewhere else to be all flashy like.

Shadow Slash- Has to be performed from the hiding state. Teleports??you??the target and does a fairly powerful slash to reveal yourself. Counts as ranged damage, and has a +50% chance to crit.

Soul- A ninja buff. Sacrifice a tiny bit of your HP to gain an amount of STR/INT equal to the skill level, and maxes at 5. It's Required to have active for Ninja skills Illusionary shadow, and Final Strike.

Illusionary Shadow- Now anyone who's tried melee-ing things with a ninja??will tell you that the knockback from ciceda can get annoying from time to time. Illusionary shadow is a nice compromise. At the cost of having Soul active, and using up a Shadow orb, You can nullify up to 5 attacks that would normally hit you without the knockback. Same rules as Ciceda as to which ones will and won't hit. While you can have ciceda and illusionary shadow active at the same time, it's a bit of a waste since each time you get hit, both buffs will share the hit, meaning you lose a hit on both of them and you still get knocked back.

Another downside to Illusionary shadow is that it does have casting time, meaning it's not as easy to put up on the fly like ciceda.

And lastly

Final Strike- Requires Soul to use. Sacrifice yourself to do massive damage. This attack is pretty much a ranged HP based Asura (bigger the HP pool, the better the damage), that will always bring your health down to 1 HP. Though I shouldn't really compare it to asura. While it IS forced neutral, it IS affected by Defense. But this can be a good thing. Try final striking something defensive with an Ice pick and watch the fun.

Final strike is Ninja's most damaging attack, but it's not as good as it's Supposed to be. something gravity never fixed, it was supposed to be used in tandem with Illusionary Shadow. Your damage would have been multiplied by the number of hits you had left before you lost your illusions.

Obviously there are builds around Final strike. While I haven't played with one or seen what their gears are like, I'm assuming that they're heavily geared towards raising their max HP like Peco peco armor??or their attack.

I tend to hybridize between throwing and melee builds. cutting myself off in the throwing line at kunai and shuriken and??making use of??mist and shadow slash.??
They tend to be more thief like builds going for str agi and dex.??
I tend to add more in the way of crit gears like Thief ring when my agi is higher than 90. Ninja Suit and Shinobi sash do play an important role since Mist and shadow slash are kind of MP intensive. I suppose it's important to note that ciceda and Illusionary shadow will not block hits that you flee.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2013 01:36 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
04-23-2013 04:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SG/Ninja Guides? - Zeena - 04-22-2013, 12:52 PM
RE: SG/Ninja Guides? - The Legendary Joe - 04-22-2013, 08:30 PM
RE: SG/Ninja Guides? - The Legendary Joe - 04-22-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: SG/Ninja Guides? - Zeena - 04-22-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: SG/Ninja Guides? - The Legendary Joe - 04-23-2013 04:21 AM