Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adjust War Zone drops/drop chances
Ange Offline

Threads: 19
RE: adjust War Zone drops/drop chances
The monsters in the dungeon don't need to be dropping this kind of gear at all.
1) I'm no economist, but crashing the market for every mvp gear simultaneously is surely not a good thing.
2) You're trying to put every desirable gear in one dungeon; Economic abuse is the obvious choice for any good solo farmer (no matter how hard you make it, I can find a way to farm it efficiently). This isn't even comparable to farming AKs; I can DS AKs to death one at a time, or asura them. I can kill a dozen monsters at once in warzone.
3) New content should encourage diversity, but by putting everything in one place, there's no reason to branch out in one's farming.
4) You say that getting a drop from an mvp is faster, but you have to share those mvp drops with your party members. In Hentacle Tentai, it takes 4 kills to get a valk armor, that's a minimum of two days. You can produce a few drops per day that you don't have to share mobbing warzone.
5) As is, it's a worthwhile place to mob without the mvp drops because it's easy, mobby, and decent exp. It seems like you're trying to help new players overcome a gear barrier to pvp, but I believe you have missed the mark. The main barriers that need to be overcome are skill and consumables. You can overcome the first by making the dungeon difficult, yet worthwhile from an exp standpoint. Consumables are the main barrier to playing any sort of killing class (sinx needs edp, champ needs ygg berries, creator needs AD, and everybody loves potions). Having the dungeon produce some quantities of these things would help support an active WoE/PvP scene. The dungeon doesn't have to make it practical for one person to sit and farm his own consumables, but it could put some on the market for people to buy.

I've gone on long enough, and this probably won't make sense when I wake up in the morning.
09-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: adjust War Zone drops/drop chances - by Ange - 09-18-2013, 11:03 AM
RE: adjust War Zone drops/drop chances - by Ptah - 09-18-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: adjust War Zone drops/drop chances - by Ange - 09-18-2013, 11:41 AM
RE: adjust War Zone drops/drop chances - by Jens - 09-18-2013, 02:01 PM
RE: adjust War Zone drops/drop chances - by iMilo - 09-19-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: adjust War Zone drops/drop chances - by Ptah - 09-19-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: adjust War Zone drops/drop chances - by Ange - 09-21-2013, 04:01 AM
RE:??adjust War Zone drops/drop chances - by Ange - 09-21-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: adjust War Zone drops/drop chances - by Ptah - 09-21-2013, 10:57 AM