Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion for Monsters of the Moment.
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

Suggestion for Monsters of the Moment.

First I'd like to say that I like the concept of of this idea, and I congratulate the people that made it happen. I've been away from heRO for every long time, almost 2 years, I have visited but no long than a day with months between visits. After such a long time, when I heard that Anubis was at double exp because he was monster of the month, I thought, well, we'll have a large number of transcendent and 99s this month for sure, which in itself is a good thing. Higher level characters means, more MVP runs, more end game dungeon loot, more people willing to help lower level players out with their high level players, and so on, this is what should happen, in an ideal world...

Sadly, that's not the case, given that nothing is ideal, there will always be problems. The question here is, "How well can we handle these problems?". For instance, one of the problems MotM creates is the lack of variety in leveling spots, because people will just opt to go with the more efficient route than explore other places, even if it's having to stay in one place for weeks so they can 99. This also creates a problem with the variety of the server's market, less people leveling in other places means, less rare loot, rare loot because over priced, then we have a lot of zeny, but nothing to spend it on. Another fact is the value of the loot dropped from the spotlight monsters, since the genocide creates a flood of loot, the value of such loot diminishes extremely fast (try selling a nekoring backpack now, and you'll see). But, there is an easy solution to this problem, and that's to shorten the time period on the spotlight.

My suggestion is to have the monsters be selected weekly instead of monthly. This will provide much needed variety for the server, it improves the market and it gives players a reason to explore the game. Another thing that could be done is to select 3 monsters per week from a pool or monsters, ranging from fields to dungeons. If the selection moves this quickly with more options opened, people are bound to be open to more ideas in were to level or farm. This were, this idea will truly foment variety in maps, because it's not like Anubis was unpopular, and nekorings can be done from such a low level that there's no reason to leave the island until you can join a mini-muspel or DG party.

Now if we really wanted to revive maps, selecting a mob with relatively high exp in an abandon map would be ideal, for example the Necros at the Abbey (sad that Nameless is now a forgotten map), Water Elementals at Nydd, even Garden Watchers at Fairy Dungeon, or Nightmares for Magma Dungeon and Geffen Dungeon. Well, you get the point.

TL;DR: Change Monsters of the Moment into a weekly thing, it adds variety, and helps the server economy.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 02:39 PM by Mara.)
05-20-2014 03:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion for Monsters of the Moment. - Mara - 05-20-2014 03:41 PM