Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Usefulness of Skills
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Threads: 255
RE: Usefulness of Skills
Well, I used to take slow poison to nameless parties way back in the day. People tend to overlook that poison blocks natural HP/SP regen. And since poison is pretty crap DoT damage, most people don't really care too much to cure it much. And people didn't always include SP batteries here either. I used slow poison because it kept our crappy wizzies (why were they even getting hit in the first place? How did such a squishy char survive getting hit with the slaughters off of a dozen necromancers? it's still a mystery!) SP full since it re-enables SP recov. I guess it could be used to reduce items used at dolomedes as well.

Also on that detox matter; Sadly, most leveling parties from the day didn't really bother to bring thief classes much. Knights and Crusader classes worked better as lures due to their naturally high movement speeds with pecos and the Highest HP pool of all the classes. Most rogues were neglected as Banshee killers because "Snipers do a better Job", or weren't geared up to Storm gust crap. Assassins pretty much stuck in solo-land. Sonic blow doesn't deal enough damage, grimtooth kind of ruined by boss monsters and demons, and even if they weren't, the hide would cause the mobs to target someone else. Double dagger would kinda suck too, since Storm gusts would move things everywhere. Thieves were pretty much shafted by a lot of the older parties =/

----------------------------
Keep in mind with union up, Heat would be eating 2% of the SG's total health for each and every one of those hits, unless they have an absurd amount of HP, no source of healing's going to be able to keep up, especially if they got aggro on more than one boss monster.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2016, 03:02 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
06-24-2016, 03:01 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Usefulness of Skills - by The Legendary Joe - 06-24-2016, 12:41 AM
RE: Usefulness of Skills - by hachigatsu30 - 06-24-2016, 02:02 AM
RE: Usefulness of Skills - by The Legendary Joe - 06-24-2016, 03:01 AM
RE: Usefulness of Skills - by sheam - 06-24-2016, 11:56 PM
RE: Usefulness of Skills - by The Legendary Joe - 06-25-2016, 02:35 AM