Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Scaraba creatures
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Threads: 11
RE: Scaraba creatures
(08-12-2016, 05:37 PM)The Roger Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 03:02 PM)The Legendary Joe Wrote: My only complaint with the scaraba mobs is that the rake scaraba egg hatches WAY too quickly after it's damaged. It's hard to get enough damage off on them before they hatch and you lose out on the chance at that imperial guard.

Oh yeah, its like IcePick CT or nothing (their mdef its insane too, 60 x_x).
Or Asura. Supertedious with asura.

Bragi'd esma was one of the ways I was able to get it murdered fast enough on my linker. Other way was with lex.
Note: Best I have for mdef pierce for my linker is a single necro carded dex survivor rod. I do just fine on her when I take on no more than two mobs at once.

Water ball is also a viable option as well. I did just fine running around on my hwiz there, too, though not as successfully as Aaronock. I don't like moving, and uh.. my cast is slower than it should be.

I don't really notice the damage boost with Shield Charge when using the imperial shield. Perhaps I should go about farming a second and trying to over upgrade it and actually go beat the stuffing out of mobs with it. I did not notice the boost to GC/HC damage, though. The 10% wasn't really much, but my paladin also isn't in the build for actually playing around with GC. One of the few builds I haven't actually tried~ I leveled as a Shield build~

----

General thoughts:

Honestly, there are places that were not designed for ranged classes, and that is okay. It was intended that Scaraba and Dolomedes would be part of this limiter. Sort of like you don't level a mage in the same spots you do a swordsman, especially when you don't have all these fancy gears to be able to be on par with the swordie brethren. Sure, it's frustrating for people who have all the fancy gears they need, but sometimes you need to bite the bullet and simply use another character if you want to farm.

I've seen Knights, Mage-types (including ninjas and soul linkers), Whitesmiths and Rouge-Staker be very successful in these places.

Sometimes you just have to think outside of the box and step outside the boundaries that classes SEEM to have. Just like how Stalkers are always underrated, and people assuming that DG can't be partied~
[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
08-12-2016, 09:10 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Scaraba creatures - by The Roger - 08-12-2016, 06:54 AM