Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Trial of Heroes August 2016 Feedback Thread
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Trial of Heroes August 2016 Feedback Thread

Monster:
----
Wave 1: Pretty fair, but the HD spam was ridiculous. Won it, but had to expend a ton of consumables, shoulda taken that as a hint this was going to be a hellish ToH.

Wave 2: The posi lag was so intense and it felt impossible to approach these long range jerks. I am not sure how anyone really won this round since the mobs on top of it had 27k hp. On top of it they were mini boss as far as I could tell since I tried to approach them with hide and they still unspotted me. With no way to approach fairly, I had to run.

Wave 3: Why did this mob need not only Hammerfall, but Crit Wounds too? I mean, pick one or the other for us to fight against, especially if it has 50k hp. That is over 250k hp we had to wring through this round and that's ridiculously lots of hp to rip through in this round. Again, not sure how anyone 10pts this without some insane DPS.

Wave 4: Really? Did this thing not do enough? It made more sense for 50k+ hp on this round at least, but I had to run it, it was just too much for my poor little self to bother with.

Wave 5: The boss started off easy enough, but seemed to get way stronger in the last quarter of health, I wound up dying because of that.

Item:
-----
Seems our last month complaints fell on deaf ears. This month we were told to farm 36 Genie Lamp (drops at 18%) and 30 Blue Hair Lock (12% from Thanatos). How was this deemed a good idea or even a fair choice? I really want to understand the thought process behind how item lists are chosen, since they seem to vary so freaking widely in difficulty from month to month.

Trivia:
-----
Trivia was okay, and actually balanced. But why was it okay for people to talk so much with no punishment? I probably could have gotten one or two other questions here correct had people not been allowed to be so distracting. And it amazes me that Ciar here had the patience for it without really exacting any punishment because it was that bad with the amount of chatter between questions.

Overall:
-----
Seriously, I get that you want these to be challenging, but how is it really fair to give us mobs with 50k+ hp for rounds 3 and up very fair? How are most players meant to kill these if they are tankier builds or mages who can't pump out the DPS a WS, Sniper, EDP Sinx, or Crea can pull?

For item, why has it turned into something where we must farm such large quantities of items with very low drop rates with so little time? Could the amounts for these items be tweaked so that it may be difficult, but not impossible to farm the full number for? If the Genie Lamps and Blue Hair Locks had been at one-third or one-half their number, it woulda been much fairer and doable to score 10pts on.

Do we even want to encourage variety at the event? Because this ToH certainly didn't seem to want it. I get it, WS is a very strong class in TOH, but there has to be better ways to counter the class that does not completely stress out others who may want to participate. So many who usually got wings didn't get them at all this ToH. A fair, and still challenging ToH would have seen those players who normally roll 90+ pts score around 70-80 instead.

When balancing in the future for difficulty, this is what I would keep in mind most.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
08-28-2016 11:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trial of Heroes August 2016 Feedback Thread - Aaronock - 08-28-2016 11:31 PM