Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please hear my story, I need advice.
Bakaman Offline

Please hear my story, I need advice.

I will tell you my whole story with heRO so you can understand the way I think:

When I started playing heRO , I made a Wiz and a Blacksmith, since I believe that those are the best characters to make some money in the beginning.

Then I learned about the mining and fishing quests , so I made a gunslinger to snipe the monsters on umbala to get the necessary items.

After lots of mining , I went to fish to try to make a stock of healing items.

After all that, I made my favorite character: a knight. I simply love those and I've decided that my main character will be a Lord Knight.

I found once in the prontera market a Vali's Manteau. When I looked at it , I thought: wow perfect, this is like a immune manteau so I bought it using all of my economies so far. It helped me immensely along with my beret, with them I leveled up to lvl 83/50 on Alde HOs. I bought 2 Rings[1] and 2 mantis cards to prepare myself for level 90 and again , my economies were almost depleted.

Now the exp is still very good because HOs are very easy to mob and they die with 2 BBs (using an Ice Halberd). The damage is still very high tho, so I'm spending way too much on fishes. So I thought: "Well I need to start looking for my final gears, to make my leveling easier and cheaper and to open more leveling places as well."

I started to plan my future using character simulators and rms. That's when I found about the combo: Magni's Cap + Stone Buckler + Odin's Blessing + VALI MANTEAU + Vidar Boots. Those are really great items that gives huge bonuses when used together and are very similar to carded gear that knights use (like verit boots and immune manteau). However, it was impossible for me to hunt those items myself , so I had to buy them on prontera's market.

I made more and more efforts on the mines to get a Magni's cap for 1m but now I can barely buy new picks or baits, so I can't level with my Knight anymore.

I decided to start making more money in the mines, however the process is very slow. Here come a problem on my personality: I tend to drop things if I get bored. I quit heRO for two months because I couldn't stand mining anymore. I had to find new ways to make money.

Then I learned about Ore downgrading and Sleepers. Fascinating, I could go mining some more and when I get bored I can go level the monk on sleepers. I would make money steadily and with variety , that should be able to keep my enthusiasm.

However that needs more gears. I would need a Mace[3], 2 peco peco eggs, a skeleton worker card and a mantle[1] with a porcelio card. With thosse I would be able to 1hko Sleepers , with a pure STR/Dex monk, by level 70. I found a cheap Mace[3] on prontera's market and started hunting peco peco egg cards with my wiz.

... and I'm bored, I'm almost dropping heRo again. I don't want to do that, since this is my favorite server. Knowing all that, here come my questions:

1) Those equips are really worth it right? My knight is a SDV type with 72+8 str , 60+10 Vit and 65+6 dex ( that helps a lot with BB and it's cast time). I plan to hit 110 str and 91 vit, keeping Dex as it is right now.

2) When you need to hunt for a card, what do you do to keep doing the same thing over and over again day after day without boring yourself to death? I know those are teh basics of any MMORPG and I really like those kind of games , I just need some advice to solve my lack of determination and patience.

3) Sleepers are really worth it? I kinda like monks , not as much as I like Knights of course, but I would want to kill myself if I made teh effort to get a Sleeper killer just to find out that the money isn't worth it ._. I mean those great natures can be sold for some good money after break then to green lives and I should be able to kill lots of sleepers in a short period of time since they die in one hit, but if the map is too crowded this method may not be time-efficient...

Phew. What a wall of text Icon_biggrin

Any advice is welcomed Icon_biggrin Thanks in advance.
09-07-2008 08:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Please hear my story, I need advice. - Bakaman - 09-07-2008 08:09 PM