Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Forum RP Event] St. Vitus in Critical Condition
Fenrisulfr Offline

RE: [Forum RP Event] St. Vitus in Critical Condition

My humble clergyman,

Though I am new to this world, I believe that I may have an idea that may lead to the solution to the illness that currently besieges our esteemed St. Vitus. I ask that you first consider the events leading to the battle which left St. Vitus in his current state ([Event] St Vitus Hiring Heroes for New Mission).

During the event, there were several key points that St. Vitus mentioned: (1) Eudoxie did not care for the freeing of Skoll, (2) Eudoxie displayed great interest in the Muspelheim, the Land of Eternal Fire, and (3) Eudoxie's Apprentices are fairly capable in their magical powers and have not all been found. I ask you this: Why were they spread out so much and what is the significance of the facts that (1) There are still some out there and (2) Eudoxie's "crew" (OoC Just wondering about word choice here) have shown increased in attempts to contact "another world"?

After contemplating the possibilities, I thought to myself: Is Skoll himself not of the Realm of Fire? How did Eudoxie come to learn how to gain control of Skoll in the first place? These questions have led me to believe that it is Eudoxie's relation to Muspelheim itself are much deeper than even St. Vitus had expected. In a world of Balance, a Balance that is maintained between Hestia of Light and Erebos of Darkness, I believe that Eudoxie has found a way to break this Balance by tapping into the Elemental Realm - Specifically that of Fire through Muspelheim.

There is good to this theory, however. St. Vitus being unconscious and not dead is what I believe to be a direct link to Eudoxie. I suspect that Eudoxie's followers have become more active because Eudoxie, through her remaining followers, has found a way to tap into the power into the Realm of Fire but lacks a means through which to control it. Just as there is a Balance between Dark and Light, so too do I believe that there is a Balance between Eudoxie and St. Vitus and that Eudoxie has found a way to upset this Balance and is exerting this power over St. Vitus.

This is where I believe the solution lies. Just as Eudoxie required Apprentices to establish this link to the Realm of Fire, I believe that St. Vitus also required the aid of those of both Dark and Light to combat her Apprentices. Eudoxie alone cannot maintain this power and if we are able to accomplish St. Vitus' original mission which was tasked to us and defeat Eudoxie's Apprentices, then we shall also break Eudoxie's hold on St. Vitus by severing her link to the Realm of Fire and at the same time, give St. Vitus the power required to turn the tide against Eudoxie.

What I fear is the element of time. Should this theory prove true, I believe that a corollary theory is that Eudoxie is slowly siphoning the strength of our beloved St. Vitus and it is only a matter of time before Eudoxie no longer requires the aid of the Apprentices to maintain the link to the Realm of Fire and eventually gain control over it. If that were to happen, I fear what other beast Eudoxie may be able to summon or what other power may be gained.

For this reason, I feel that it may be in the best interest of St. Vitus to finish the task which St. Vitus has given us - both for St. Vitus' sake and our own. Even if this were not the cause of St. Vitus' illness, I believe that finding and defeating the rest of the Apprentices is the key to solving the mystery of what ails St. Vitus.

This is a time of great risk for the Balance of our world and although we may not know the cause of St. Vitus' ailment, I do not feel we can sit around idly as we try to solve the mystery of what ails St. Vitus. I truly believe that it is in the best interest of us all to follow through with the task St. Vitus left us and care for him as we try to find the solution to what has happened to him. We may find the cure as we seek the Apprentices and the Apprentices may hold the answer but if we sit idly conjecturing as to how to help St. Vitus, then we are allowing Eudoxie free reign and doing exactly what St. Vitus was rallying us to avoid. St. Vitus tasked us with protecting the balance and I feel that it is our duty to follow through with that sacred duty.

At the least, I feel St. Vitus would feel the same way and I truly believe that the solution to our problem lies with what the unfound Apprentices are currently doing.

Might a simple Novice ask for your thoughts on this matter?

(OoC Pardon me if I have made any mistakes. I am sort of new to both this and the server. Also, I know that I used St. Vitus and Eudoxie a lot. I saw that St. Vitus was Bolded often and was unsure of the Genders - though I think Eudoxie is female and St. Vitus is Male - so I used the names as I thought it would be easier to replace with (s)he later that way)

[EDIT] Some changes made to fit what I just read in Chapter 14: Shadow Side Story about the Summoning Bond.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2008 02:12 AM by Fenrisulfr.)
10-30-2008 01:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Forum RP Event] St. Vitus in Critical Condition - Fenrisulfr - 10-30-2008 01:52 AM